cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Changing from FTTP with VoIP to data only

Superdews
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have been advised by a helpful person, in the upgrades department, that if I wish to switch from 150 with VoIP to a data only  package I will require an engineers visit to install a new line. I have FTTP and an ONT so is it not the case that I just need to change my package as the FTTP line should be capable of giving me data only or data with voice. Is this another example of misinformation as I can't believe that each time a customer moves supplier or changes their mind about the need for VoIP, an engineer is required to visit.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Superdews
Participant
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

I have come to the conclusion that things are not as straight forward as I had hoped. My understanding was that the One Stop Switch was designed to make life easier for the consumer but I have discovered that a live line transfer is only possible if you are transferring the whole of your bundle, broadband and VoIP, from one openreach supplier to another. If you wish to split your bundle and have broadband with one company and VoIP with another, you can't do a live line transfer and as a result you must cancel your supply and then wait five days for your new supplier to ask openreach to reinstate the line. TalkTalk say that they can offer a broadband only deal which would enable me to port my number and avoid a loss of service for five days but sales have yet to give me details.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

HI Superdews

Im sure you dont need an engineer visit, But I will check.

As ferguson mentioned you don't get charged extra for the VOIP service unless you use the phone.  Your contract is up at the end of this month so call our loyalty team on 03451720088.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

That does sound like odd advice. Bear in mind though that VoIP doesn't cost you anything, unless you actually make calls, or pay for a Boost. 

0 Likes