cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

CityFibre - Fibre 900

antuk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Ive been on Fibre 900 for almost a year now and until yesterday I was getting speeds in the 800-900 consistently.

Yesterday I noticed that YouTube was buffering so I ran a speed test and now im getting speeds in the 300-400 range, now this may be a coincidence but CF were on my street yesterday connecting one of my neighbours up.

How much bandwidth is there on the CF backbone, is my speed going to gradually get worse the more people connect to the CF network in my area?

Also this new slower speed is under the TalkTalk guaranteed download speed - not sure what that means I can do though

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks for the information, have you tried switching the ONT off for 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

antuk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Latest test results 

antuk_0-1712853107496.png

Previous test results before my neighbours had CF installed

antuk_1-1712853159555.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi antuk,

I'm sorry, I don't have that information about the bandwidth available but your speeds shouldn't be consistently below the guaranteed minimum. If your speed continue to fluctuate could you try switching the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

antuk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

No I havent, but ive just re-tested and getting 780 Down 580 Up now - The speed seems to be all over the place today.

Can you confirm how much bandwidth you have from a CF infrastructure point of view, is there a point where additional connections to the network would impact the bandwidth available to existing customers

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and router and then retested the speeds again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes