cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

CityFibre - symmetric upload speed or not, Sales don't know and so I can't proceed

Simon1438
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I'm looking to sign up to Fibre 900 with TalkTalk as a new customer, in a CityFibre area. The key benefit of CityFibre is symmetric upload and download speed. However, after having spent two hours speaking to Sales and Live Chat, no-one has known anything about this.

Other providers like Vodafone are crystal clear on their website that they can provide symmetric up and down. The thing is, I think there's a high chance that TalkTalk are talking themselves out of a sale by getting their FTTP CityFibre upload speed wrong on their website and checker, and that their Fibre 900 plan in a CityFibre area will actually deliver an upload speed of ~900 Mbps. Technically there's no reason it shouldn't – but there's still a possibility they throttle it back. This has been talked about before on this forum and elsewhere online.

I'm hoping someone from TalkTalk can confirm that if I order Fibre 900 in a CityFibre area (I'm happy to speak directly and give the address), that the upload speed will be faster than cited.

Michelle-TalkTalk, if you're out there, I think you're the only person at TalkTalk I've seen acknowledge this, so please help TalkTalk make a sale!

(Edit: and just for context, per the suggestion in the above thread, I did try to talk to the Future Fibre Team by Live Chat. I was told that only existing customers can talk to them.)

6 REPLIES 6

antuk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Its definitely symmetric, am impressed with the speed

antuk_0-1684950406372.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I went round and round in circles on this too, i even posted asking anyone with CF to run a speed test to confirm the speeds they got. In the end I decided to go ahead with the order on the basis I could cancel in the first 30 days if I wasnt happy (Its not installed yet so I can't confirm what it is, but im lead to believe it is symmetric)

0 Likes

Simon1438
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Arne! I don't think Sales, or anyone I was able to speak with (including concerns@talktalkplc.com), know much about this yet. As you've confirmed this I'm happy to switch to TalkTalk, but if you could possibly signal boost within TalkTalk that Sales need to be aware of this, it might help you avoid missing out on other customers. One person I spoke to yesterday in Sales said that had someone just last week saying similar things about upload speed and CityFibre and they didn't make the sale as a result.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Simon1438

We have been informed that the website is being updated, it is symmetric on City Fibre.

Sales will know more.