cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Connection Status of Full Fibre/Track My Fault

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Attached

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

I suspect that the current tester only works on DSL lines, rather than FTTP. Which does of course mean results like that are meaningless. 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 31

I understand all that, but that doesn't help me and others, @Gliwmaeden2 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

This has been an ongoing issue for a few months, @Billx. Probably more time needed..... not just a couple of weeks or so.

The infrastructure changes currently going on are massive, and this includes issues like My Account, My Connection, email systems, methods of switching companies, upgrades etc as well as structures on the ground. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 31

On the 5/6/2023, you told me that 'We're still working to bring the line test functionality in My Connection to Full Fibre customers'

There's been no change, so it doesn't look like that TalkTalk is working to bring the line test functionality in My Connection to Full Fibre customers.

Thanks, @Michelle-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 31

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk. I've just used Microsoft Edge which I don't usually use, and TalkTalk responded with the exact same 2 screens that I displayed immediately above. Are you using an alternative line test and not the one in 'support.talktalk.co.uk'? I don't understand why you don't get the same messages.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which has come back clear. Would it be possible to test a different browser and try to re-run the test again in MyConnection please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 31

And, the other one.

Billx_0-1686083986315.png

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 31

Just a duplicate, bit larger so it's readable.

Billx_1-1686083174377.png

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 31
Thanks very much the 2 bits of information,  Gliwmaeden2

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 31

When you are writing a post, you'll see font options just above, at the top of the message box, @Billx.

Top right here is the image icon:

20230606_181159.jpg

I tap on that and then select whatever from my Gallery. With some devices you'll see something that looks more like a camera instead.

The image then takes a few seconds to appear in the message box.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

OCE was the old name for online community staff, @Billx. Now you simply see -Talktalk attached to their names as an indication that they are the employees.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 31

Gliwmaeden2, you mention 'using the camera/image icon'. Where is the camera? In Windows, somewhere in the community website? Thanks.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 31

Thanks for paying attention, Gliwmaeden2. You are spot on.

'it simply doesn't work properly yet, but as mentioned by the OP, it DOES automatically raise fault tickets'

'the main question is whether the fault tickets being generated actually reflect a fault with the service or with My Connection's own ability to diagnose a fault?'

Also, it was not necessary to go to my first post, as I repeated the main points in 2 later posts on Saturday, if Michelle and Debbie were up to it, and read those 2 posts.

Congratulations, Gliwmaeden2.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 31

Thanks Michele. I await with excitement. By the the way what is an OCE?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Hello,

I understand. I've asked the question and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 31

@Michelle-TalkTalk, the main features (I can open the link) are from My Connection. 

So as already explained by staff, it simply doesn't work properly yet, but as mentioned by the OP, it DOES automatically raise fault tickets:

Screenshot_20230606-131255_Word.jpg

Screenshot_20230606-131331_Word.jpg

Screenshot_20230606-131343_Word.jpg

@Billx, it's best to post images using the camera/image icon rather than attachments (so as I have posted for you here).

@Michelle-TalkTalk, so perhaps the main question is whether the fault tickets being generated actually reflect a fault with the service or with My Connection's own ability to diagnose a fault?

Screenshot_20230606-132457_Word.jpg

Message 17 of 31

Hi,

If you're experiencing a fault then we can raise this over to the Future Fibre faults team for you. I can't open the attachment in your first post. What specific fault are you experiencing with your connection? Is the connection unstable or the speeds slow?

Thanks

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 31

Thanks Debbie. Two faults have been raised already (I don't know who raised them) , as detailed above, but then the faults disappeared without any action taken. That is my point.  If you can, please raise another fault. Thank you. Also can you tell me what an OCE is?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi Billx

As Michelle has advised, full functionality is not yet available for FTTP connections and running tests in My Connection.

If you are experiencing issues with your actual connection then we can investigate this on the Community and raise a fault if needed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 31

Thanks for replying Michelle. Sorry I haven't replied for 8 hours. All the information is included in 2 of my messages and in detail above on Saturday. E.g. 'Run a connection test' and using support.talktalk.co.uk. Please read my above messages more carefully. I don't need to rehash the whole story again and again.

0 Likes