cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

upgrade to full fibre/Can't upgrade package

Sam2135
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I was sent a letter maybe last year by talk talk regarding city fibre upgrading my line to full fibre which they came and did.

I have twice in the last year tried to upgrade to full fibre 900 however I am told 65 is the most i can get in my area.

The city fibre website says i have it. Just today a talktalk advisor confirmed i can only get 65 and thats all others will offer as everyone uses city fibre lines except VM.

Is it me ?

Kind Regards 🙂

Sam Williams
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The best option is to call the Loyalty team for the regrade, but be aware this will result in a loss of service potentially 10 days.  Upload and download on City fibre is asynchronous (ul/dl will match) this is not the case on LLU line where the profile is usually 80/20 

Not sure about the question on other providers, sorry.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

If i may pick you brains.

How do I fully cancel and get my line regraded?

I notice my upload speed matches my download speed on my ONT at 70 ish. Where as on my copper connection its only 70/20 (dl/ul) is that to be expected?

Will another provider be able to offer FF with the city fibre connection I have now? (not including any companies with thier own lines e.g.virgin)

Thanks

Sam Williams
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Sam2135

I have checked also, and your account does not give any options to change any speeds or offer 900mbps this may change in the future when the upgrade process is ironed out (currently you have to fully cancel to regrade the line). 

Really sorry.