cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Connection Status of Full Fibre/Track My Fault

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Attached

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you trying to run a speed test or a line test? We're still working to bring the line test functionality in My Connection to Full Fibre customers. Is the overall performance of your connection/speed ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 31

Thanks Gliwmaeden2. That's a much more sensible answer than one I got earlier.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 31

Wait for staff to run some line checks just in case there is something that the My Connection software is picking up  - they will be back on Monday, @Billx.

I too find the checker sometimes confusing, and sometimes faults fall off when nothing's been done, so it's difficult to know whether to believe its results, or non results!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 31

Also, if I go to https://support.talktalk.co.uk/fault-timeline/REP-12945353  or https://support.talktalk.co.uk/fault-timeline/REP-12957367,

I get the following response:

---

We’ve run into a problem

Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try again later.

---

It says that there is an issue, and they working hard to resolve the issue. Don't you think that requires attention?

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 31

No there does not appear to be anything wrong on my side, but  there appears to be something wrong on TalkTalk's side. Either they are misdiagnosing, or they correctly diagnosing and not fixing the problem.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

And have you noticed anything wrong? That could just be an issue with the test itself. 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

When I go to https://support.talktalk.co.uk/ ,  and click 'Run a connection test', I get the following:

---

Sorry, we had a problem checking your services

We tried to test your network connection but we can’t provide status updates on your current package.

---
Obvious, someone has to get TalkTalk to check their system.
It seems there's something wrong with my connection, but they are not fixing it.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Yeah I did, perhaps I am missing your point?

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 31

Thanks Ferguson. My account is working normally. The responses I get from TalkTalk web site are negative, as you will see, if you open the attached file.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 31

So is there an issue with your service, or is My Account just not working?

0 Likes