cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

DIsable WiFi optimisation?

adz18
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi, my connection recently got changed to Fibre 150+VOIP as part of the CityFibre/TT changeover in my area.

The new router is having daily issues with multiple WiFi devices where, intermittently, they cannot load data. Eventually it will be fine again, or a fix can be forced immediately by toggling WiFi off/on on the device.

3 ethernet-connected devices are working fine, and speedtests are perfect (on both wired/wireless - when the WiFi is working). All lights on the ONT are normal.

I have tried powering down the router, waiting, then restarting. The issue comes back almost immediately.

From reading the forums I understand this can be caused by WiFi optimisation constantly changing channels etc, managed by the router/TT. If this sounds likely, please go ahead and disable, as I'm more than happy to manage WiFi settings myself.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @adz18 

Let me check with the team. Is there a time you would prefer?

0 Likes

adz18
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie, thanks for the update.

It's probably a long shot, but are you able to advise a time? I'll be at work and can't walk out meetings etc. I'm more than happy to continue with the text ticket system if this is more viable.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi adz18

Our faults escalations team have advised that they will be contacting you tomorrow 14/05.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi @adz18 

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I've just chased the team for an update too. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Debbie, thanks for checking progress again, appreciate it.

I replied to the automated text ticket with a recap of the problem, and received a reply they would check the case. I've had no further contact since this on Wednesday, but I'm sure it's in hand and am happy to wait.

Message 6 of 12

Hi @adz18 

Have you spoken to our faults escalation team since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi adz18

Oh great, please let me know how you get on once the team have contacted you again.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Debbie, thanks for checking in. I was unavailable when they called but have received a text with a ticket and will follow up today, thanks for your help.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi @adz18 

Our faults escalation team are attempting to contact you. Have you received a message from the team?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi adz18

Our faults escalations team are now investigating this issue and they may contact you directly to discuss this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi adz18

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have asked our Devices Team to take a look at this and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes