cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6- 5Ghz not working on any device

ClaudiaP8
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hi All,

I have had Fibre 150 since May 2023, with no issues. However the past two weeks all my devices especially work laptop and phone cannot connect to the wifi. TalkTalk sent a new Eero 6 to see if that would fix the problem however the issue still persists. The only way I can connect to any wifi is by manually pausing 5ghz and switching to 2.4ghz on the eero app which it only allows you to do at 10mins at a time.

I have read previous threads about the Eero's 5ghz channels being too high, but this is a problem thats has only just happen after working for 10 months fine.

is there any solution to this?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Claudia,

How are you getting on, is everything still OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi again,

No problem. I'll check back in at the end of the week just to make sure that everything is still ok.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for this, I've reset and now the 5ghz channel is on 42.

thank you for your help.

Claudia 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Claudia,

Could you retest again please as this should now be resolved.

Michelle

Message 5 of 20

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've contacted the team again and asked them to take another look and I will post back again as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Michelle,

It has been perfect over the week however this morning my devices have been dropping connection again, I have checked my radio analytics and it has reverted back to channel 155. Is this not a permanent fix?

Thanks

Claudia 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Claudia,

How has your connection been over the last few days?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Claudia,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Are your devices now able to connect ok since this change?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi,

I have just checked my analytics this morning and the channel has changed to 58 and 52

Thanks

Claudia 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Michelle,

Is there any updates as I still have no internet on my major devices.

Thanks

Claudia 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Morning Claudia,

Apologies, the devices manager has confirmed that it has been escalated and I'm just waiting for the fix to be applied. I'm hoping that I'll know more today at some point.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Michelle,

My radio analytics is still showing channel 155 but the control channel is now 149, but internet is still struggling on my main devices.

Thanks

Claudia 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Claudia,

I've chased the team for an update on this now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Morning Claudia,

No update as yet. If I don't hear anymore by the end of today then I will chase the team for an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Morning,

I've escalated this over to our Devices Manager now and have asked them to apply the fix. I will post back here to confirm once this has been applied.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Thanks for that Keith- Will do!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

Hi @ClaudiaP8 

Yes, those are the problem channels. I'll ask TalkTalk to apply the fix for this to your Eero.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi Keith,

Thanks for coming back to me, the radio analytics says Channel 155 with a control channel of 153.

Thanks

Claudia 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

There is a known problem where the Eero does not stop working on its 5GHz band, but it starts using a channel that is not supported on the majority of devices. Please can you check in the Eero app under Radio Analytics and tell me what channel it is using in the 5GHz band?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?