cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 Weak Wifi Signal

DavidL44
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi, I recently moved to TalkTalk as our neighbourhood got upgraded to fibre. The speed is great (500), when I am sat in the same room as the Eero 6 pro router (which is installed, badly I must say, in the corner of a room in the corner of our house). The moment I leave the room it at least halves (200ish), and when I am in my office it is down to around 50 or so at best, and often wont even connect to my phone. I read elsewhere that @KeithFrench has been amazing in helping others in a similar position to myself, so creating this thread in the hope he, or anyone else, can offer some advice as to how best to resolve the situation. Thank you! 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 14

You're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Keith, I did indeed - thank you so much for your help. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk 

@DavidL44 please can you PM Debbie with that additional information that is required?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Morning @KeithFrench 

Yes @DavidL44  has replied to my Private Messages. I'm just waiting on some additional information by PM.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

Did you get the PM from @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Keith

Message 6 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

I'm just sending you a Private Message about sending an additional eero.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Let me have a chat to TalkTalk tomorrow.

Keith

Message 8 of 14

Hi Keith, many thanks - just the one, the router that was supplied by TalkTalk (Eero pro 6)... if you need any other info please just let me know! Thanks again. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

I just need to know, how many eero Pro 6 units do you have, then I can move things forward for you?

Keith

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

Thanks for those screenshots.

It would seem that your 2.4GHz band is likely to be very congested, but the other two should be OK. When you move into another room & the speed drops, which WiFi band does the device report that it is connected to? In the app if you tap on that device it will tell you which eero it is connected to (possibly you only have one) in the Connected to section and the WiFi band is displayed in the Connection section. In that section does it display it as having the full number of bars, if in doubt please PM me a screenshot of that.

How many eero Pro 6s do you have?

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

I have just replied to you in that PM chain. Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks Keith! Done as you suggested.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi @DavidL44 

When you receive a good speed test on the device close to the gateway error, this proves that the network card is OK. This might then be down to a WiFi interference problem, or that you are not connected to the best eero mesh node (assuming that you have more than one). This can also be a problem with the eero Pro 6 when you are not connected to the gateway eero.

How many eero Pro 6s do you have & when you get the slower speed test, which one are you connected to, the gateway or extender eero?

Please can you PM me (to preserve your privacy) screenshots of the full Radio Analytics pages for the 2.4GHz, 5GHz (Low) & 5GHz (High) pages of the eero node that your device is connected to as shown within the app?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith