cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 pro "backend team haven't connected"

Umbrelly
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I've had absolutely endless issues getting my internet set up in my new house. After 3 hours on the phone to talktalk (took this long as their system apparently wasn't registering my details) during which time they accidentally lost my booking repeatedly which meant I've already had to wait a week without internet. I eventually got an installation date for yesterday, the engineer came in the morning, only took a few minutes to set up and confidently declared it would be ready to go within four hours. However, it did not connect (I followed eero pro 6 instructions, it connects to the eero and detects the ethernet but no IP detection). 

This morning I used the talktalk chat and was told that they'd discovered my connection was "being held up by the backend team" who needed to ensure I was getting the correct speed and that I needed to wait 3-5 business days to contact them about it again. Obviously this is a huge pain but also this seems completely incomprehensible and I'm concerned I'm going to wait a further week and still have no internet! Has anyone else been told similar?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

The old account at the previous address is fully disconnected and closed.  the new account is cancelled fully, so you are not currently being billed for any services going forward.  there should not be any cancellation fees applied as you did not request a cancellation.

You may receive a final bill for previous services used, but if any additional fees do show, contact us here and we can deal with these for you.

I am sorry for the poor service you have received.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

To be clear - what I now want is for any cancellation charges to be removed so I can "place a new order" with a different, less insane, internet provider. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Are you serious!! This is completely insane, they cancelled it the same day I ordered it?? Why did the person I spoke to on Wednesday not tell me this or make something up about a back end team??

This is genuinely the worst service I've ever experienced from anyone - to be clear if this order is cancelled what has happened to my old connection at my previous house? Is it still running/am I being charged for it? Or if my new order has been cancelled am I going to be changed early cancellation fees for the old order? This is such an utter mess I'm genuinely baffled by how terrible this is.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

I've had a chat with the provisioning teams here.  There was a manual order placed with Openreach to install, however this should not have been placed as there is no reference for the service to link to on our systems for connection or billing etc.   They have had a look and an agent placed a cancellation on the account on 24th July so the account is now fully cancelled.

To provide a service you will need to contact our sales teams and place a new order so this can then be provisioned.   Once an account is disconnected or cancelled it cannot be reinstated and a new order / account has to be created.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

No, I have at no point spoken to talktalk about any issues with the move! I spoke to them for three hours on the phone weeks ago to arrange the home move, then the engineer came Tuesday and I contacted talktalk again via chat to say the internet wasn't working and they said it was being "held up by the back end team". That's the only interactions we've had. I've also had approximately 100 emails confirming everything.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

I've located the 2nd account but this is cancelled and notes on the account say that the move fell through.

Di you have any issues with moving, or contact TalkTalk to advise there were issues with the home move at any time ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Yes I have recently completed a home move, but there appeared to be a lot of mistakes made in the process of organising my home move so I'm concerned this has something to do with it (especially as my account is showing "disconnected")

Have updated my private notes.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Umbrelly 

The details provided are linking to a Disconnected account.  

Can I just check, have you recently completed a home move etc ?

Can you add your address and postcode to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' so I can verify the account I am viewing is for the correct address.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Umbrelly
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

Thank you have updated with the information now!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Sorry to see this. If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes