cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 running high channel on 5ghz

PinkySubaru10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I'm wondering if anyone could help me please? I've recently upgraded to fibre 150 and I received an eero 6 and the channel which it operates on is 155 when on 5ghz which is too high for my desktop PC's wireless network adapter to pick up and also my Xbox one series s. I can only connect using 2.4ghz and then the speed is appalling. I've never had issues like this with previous router, the 5ghz WiFi was compatible with everything and I could also have more devices connected wired as there was 4 ethernet sockets and the eero only has 2 but 1 has to be taken up for fibre box on wall. Is there any way to change the channel at all or is there a fix for this or any upcoming firmware update that allows us to do this via the eero app, anything anyone's knowledge? Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @PinkySubaru10 

I've been advised that a change has been implemented so that the next time you connect the eero it will change the channel for you.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 10

Morning,

Ok, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

PinkySubaru10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Thankyou for all your help but I've ended up reverting to my previous router which has more ethernet sockets, thanks anyway @Michelle-TalkTalk  and @KeithFrench for your kind replies 🙂

0 Likes

PinkySubaru10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

That's fantastic, please be sure to keep me posted once the fix has been applied, thankyou very much 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hi @PinkySubaru10 

Don't worry the fix does work, @Michelle-TalkTalk has just got eero to apply it to mine as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Great thank you. I've passed this over to our Devices Manager now and have asked for the fix to be applied by eero. I'll post back here to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

PinkySubaru10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

@Michelle-TalkTalk Thanks for the quick reply. I've done that step, thanks, what now? 🙂

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you add your FTTP number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes