cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero Pro 6 allows online CCTV but not via a switch

Splodge
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello Community - I will try to keep this simple and low on detail for now for ease of reading 🙂

Problem: eero Pro 6 does not allow Hikvision CCTV to connect to the internet via an unmanaged switch so remote viewing of CCTV is impossible with this method.

Non-negotiables:

I need to view the Hikvision feed online, not just via a wired connection

I need to use a switch because there are five wired devices connected e.g. the VOIP kit for phone calls.

I have been in contact with TalkTalk, eero support and a local Hikvision support agent but still no solution yet so my first question here is:

Tuesday the 21st of November marks 28 days since installation which I think is the deadline for sending the eero equipment back – is that statement true please?

I would much rather have a fix for this of course and many things have already been tried including factory reset of the Hikvision and verification of correct configuration by Hikvision engineer (albeit over the phone).

My previous TalkTalk router for FTTC (Sagemcom FAST 5364) allowed the Hikvision to go online via a switch but the eero does not allow it now I am on FTTP. The eero DOES allow it when I connect the Hikvision to the single remaining port (the other port is of course for the ONT which needs to be directly connected to the eero).

I still have the previous TalkTalk router and from what I have read it is also ok for FTTP but a little bit slower. In my brief test I lost 53MB/s DL speed, which is acceptable when it is a near Gigabit connection. I also still have my previous Deco M5 mesh system with three nodes so I could revert to that and return the eero nodes (x2) and have a more wide reaching signal in my house.

My second question is has anyone come across this before and more importantly been able to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

Can you access the internet at all via the switch when connected to the remaining Ethernet port of the switch? If you can access the camera from the Eero without the switch and can access it OK via the switch on the 5364, it makes me wonder if the switch is OK at all on the Eero. Have you tried new Ethernet cables, particularly on the upstream port of the switch? With some cables, the RJ45 connector might not always make proper contact to the switch or Eero, if there is a shroud or similar on either port, that is preventing correct connection.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes