cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero Secure not activated on my account - Fibre 900

MarkG93
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

I had Fibre 900 installed last week via CityFibre and everything went fine. My account updated to the right package but eero Secure still hasn't been activated on my account.

I've spent 5 hours on the phone to TalkTalk today being passed around from department to department getting nowhere. Apparently it's activated on my account but it's not available on my router nor on my account when I look apart from HomesSafe which isn't eero Secure. 

I've attached a screenshot to what I see currently on my router.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230621-205945~2.png

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Mark

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 22

Fantastic. I'll definitely do so, you and the team are a huge credit to TalkTalk.

All the best.

Message 3 of 22

Hi Mark

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for confirming 🙂

In answer to your Q. They should automatically update but if you do experience any further issues then please let me know.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 22

Hey Debbie.

I've just looked now and I've got both the branding in the interface and eero Secure active! Thank you so much for getting this to work, everything is as it should be now.

Before I stop this thread can I ask; If I were to use the other Pro 6 or regular eero in future for example (which was sent by TalkTalk) would it be automatically updated or would I need to request an update for those?

Screenshots to show it's fully updated and working;

Screenshot_20230704-104241~2.pngScreenshot_20230704-104307~2.pngScreenshot_20230704-104334~2.png

Message 5 of 22

Hi MarkG93

Please can you retest? This should now have updated.

Message 6 of 22

Hi again.

That's okay, I'll patiently wait as the service itself is actually functioning fine.

Although it's a very odd situation with the lack of TalkTalk branding on both my eero pro 6's interfaces and eero Secure remaining inactive. 

I'd like to reiterate both eero pro 6's were sent by TalkTalk and not bought from Amazon. 

Thanks again anyhow, I appreciate the help with this.

Message 7 of 22

Hi MarkG93

Apologies for the delay.

I've chased the team for an update and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Message 8 of 22

Brilliant, thank you. It's certainly a weird one.

Message 9 of 22

Hi MarkG93

Thanks for the Private Message. The team are looking at this now and I will post back shortly.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Debbie.

PM has been sent. I also added the serial number to my private notes alongside the old serial number for my other pro 6. 

Thanks again.

Message 11 of 22

Hi MarkG93

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the new eero.

Thanks

0 Likes

MarkG93
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 22

I set up the new eero pro 6 out of curiosity and it still has no TalkTalk branding at all on the interface and no eero Secure active on it still. 

I have no idea why it's like this. Despite these oddities the speeds and whatnot are fine. 

The eero Pro 6 is fully updated too. I'm kind of confused by all this now, the DNS servers are the ones TalkTalk uses, it's the same email setup as the TalkTalk account too. 

What else could be the issue? 

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230629-230019~2.pngScreenshot_20230629-230124~2.pngScreenshot_20230629-230147~2.png
0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

The one up and running now is the initial eero sent to me before the service was installed - it's a Pro 6. It's been active since last week.

I did ask for another via the Future Fibre team on the phone a little afterwards although they sent me a regular eero instead of a Pro 6. The regular eero is in storage for now.

Today I did indeed receive another Pro 6 so I'm now waiting on what to do next. 

Just to note I have:

2x eero Pro 6

1x eero regular

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Mark,

Just to confirm, have you just been sent a new eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Mark,

I'm just looking into this, I'll get back to you when I have any more information

Chris

Message 16 of 22

Apologies here's a better screenshot then. I pressed the down arrow too and nothing shows. 

Screenshot_20230621-215359~2.png

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

If the eero app is signed in to your eero Account then on the Home tab above the panel showing the Gateway eero Pro 6 should be a panel showing Internet Provided by TalkTalk. You're not showing that panel in the screenshot.

Thanks for putting the eero serial number in your Private notes.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Screenshot_20230621-214205~2.png

This eero was sent by TalkTalk before my fibre install, I've put the serial number in my private information on my profile for the moderators in advance. 

Screenshot above is from my eero Pro 6 as an example. I wonder why it hasn't got any branding.

Yes everything is set up according to the installation guide provided by TalkTalk that came with the box and I just double checked the link and it's set up exactly as instructed.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

The eero does need to be provided by TalkTalk and the eero app should show TalkTalk branding and on the Home tab indicate Internet provided by TalkTalk. 

Just to confirm you have set up the eero and an eero account? Chris will probably need the eero serial number on the underside label of the gateway eero.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Thanks for this, I also noticed my router hasn't got any TalkTalk branding on the eero pro 6 interface although I don't know if that matters either. After my long call session today my brain is a little frazzled. 

0 Likes