cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Epson ET-2750 printer keeps losing connection to WiFi Hub 2

Josephiah
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Since moving to our full fibre several months back, our printer has never quite behaved properly with the supplied TalkTalk WiFi Hub 2 (firmware version SG4K100174).  When powered on, it connects wirelessly to an automatically-assigned IP address and appears to work fine, staying available and connected for a number of hours (not sure how long).  However, if I try to print something later (say next day), none of our devices can find the printer until and unless I switch the printer off and on again. (It can only connect on the 2.4GHz band, but it's in the same room as the Hub, and never seems to have a problem connecting when restarted.)

It feels to me like this is a networking/IP assignation issue - I had a look through the Hub settings to see if I could set a reserved IP address to see if that would help, but can't see a way to do this.

So, does this seem like a likely cause of the disconnection issue?

How can I diagnose this more precisely?

How can I set a reserved IP address?

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 15

If you can log into the router, setting a DHCP-reserved IP address has always been possible.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 15

Thanks Chris. Did you also set the printer to a reserved IP address? (I previously did not seem to have access to these settings.)

Cheers,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

OK, I've switched wifi optimisation off now 

Chris

Message 4 of 15

OK thanks Jo, I'll try again now

Chris

Message 5 of 15

Hi Chris,

It is now back on, after being off for half an hour.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Well, I'm not certain, but to my uninformed mind it doesn't feel like a good fit to the symptoms. If you think you have something that might help (or rule out that that is the source of the problem), then feel free to pass it over.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and let me know when you've done this 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Chris, yes it is. Anything you want me to do that night help with this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Josephiah 

Fair enough, if you are so sure it is not a WiFi interference problem (even though this can easily cause delays), then there is no point in me sending you my guide.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Jo,

Is your router currently switched on and connected as I can't communicate with your router at the moment

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Michelle,

That info has now been added.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Jo,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi @KeithFrench, thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's an interference or range issue; it feels more like a timeout kind of behaviour.

No, I haven't previously had Wi-Fi optimisation disabled - please go ahead.

Likewise, please go ahead and send out the guide you mention.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364/5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes