cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

BT8500 Quad with VoIP

Deefer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

Openreach upgraded me to FTTP a while ago but left my BT8500 phone plugged in to the old copper wire wall socket.  He said the copper cable really needs replacing but he wasn't authorised to do it himself and he couldn't connect the phone to the router because TalkTalk hadn't sent me the required lead to make the connection.  That is despite them saying I would receive a lead ready to give the Openreach when they came to install FTTP.  He said I should ask them to send me one.

I asked them a couple of times but nothing was sent.  So  have left things as the Openreach chap left it.

I am guessing they won't supply one now, if I ask, because I am close to the end of my contract. 

Can someone please tell me what I need to make the connection, and where I might get it from? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Deefer,

If you're coming to the end of your contract you could speak to our Loyalty Team, they will be able to discuss the options and may be able to offer you a good deal

Chris

0 Likes

Deefer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

No, I haven't got another phone to test with.

I think we should end this discussion now because it seems TalkTalk are not providing or going to provide the VoIP that I believe was promised when they offered to upgrade me to fibre.  My contract ends soon and they will be reducing my speed from 65Mbs to 11Mbs  in a new contract, or will charge significant more if I want to keep the current speed out of contract.  On top of either option I would need an agreement with a third party VoIP provider for my phones.  Therefore, I am looking for a new provider (or possible two providers) to give better value.

Thanks for the answers you have given. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks. Have you tested with a different telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Deefer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Our phone system is working OK for out-bound calls pretty much all of the time.  Quite often in-bound callers complain that they are sent to voicemail immediately, without our phone ringing.  We get the same on our mobiles as well though - we have been assuming that is because WiFi is awful since FTTP was installed and Openreach insisted the router had to be moved closer to the Box where FTTP enters the building. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Deefer,

Thanks for updating your profile. Your service is data only so you don't actually have VoIP. You appear to have data only with copper leave behind which basically means that your telephone service is delivered over your old copper line. Is your telephone service working OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Deefer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thank you.  My profile information has been updated.

I have received nothing prior to nor since the upgrade to fibre.  No adapter was sent and the router was not changed.

Regards

Deefer

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Deefer,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you receive an eero with a digital voice adapter or the wifi hub 2 router?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes