cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 250 below minimum speed

Daviddunne1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi

New fibre 250 went live today and it's nowhere near the speeds indicated in my contract (280-300Mbps, Minimum of 200). As of right now, I'm getting just over 180Mbps. I've just upgraded from 150 where I was getting 151Mbps. Considering the extra money I'm paying, this is unacceptable.

I've been on chat to try to sort this out but that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Just automated answers and no help whatsoever.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David Dunne
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Daviddunne1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Ok thanks Chris

David Dunne
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks. Line test is passing but I can see that sync speed is a bit low (193.0Mbps) - The line management system (DLM) should increase your speed over the next few days but if it doesn't then we'll probably need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate

Chris

0 Likes

Daviddunne1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

G-Fast

David Dunne
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi David,

Just to confirm, do you have a full fibre connection (FTTP) or a G.Fast connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Yep, I've tried all the basics. Unplugged for well over half an hour this morning, plugged directly into ONT, I spend most of my time with desktop with ethernet wired when online anyway, but all devices in my property showing the same results.

David Dunne
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried powering down the ONT and the router and then retested the speed again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes