cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Flashing light on router

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 98 of 98

I have a Sagemcom FAST 5464 which has only recently been supplied to me following upgrade to full fibre 150, last night I noticed a pixilated stream while watching TV so I checked the router and found the light on the front was flashing white and orange, I have turned off the router for over 30 minutes both last night and this morning but I'm still getting a flashing light, this morning I also turned off the ONT for the same period of time to see if that would make any difference, I also did an automated check on my connection through my account and it came back with a possible fault on the line but after doing the further checks it could not find the problem,  can my connection be checked from your side or is there anything else I can try to resolve it please. 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
97 REPLIES 97

Message 41 of 98
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 98

There may be something, a bit related to another post that was sorted by disabling WiFi Optimisation.

@Debbie-TalkTalk please could you try disabling WiFi Optimisation?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 98

Thanks @Funky-Gibbons I will look at them in a while.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 44 of 98

Hi Funky-Gibbons

I'm really sorry about this.

Please can you power down the ONT and hub for 30 minutes? Then try and connect the phone again?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 98

Hi @KeithFrench  thanks for giving me your time to assist, you had previously informed me how to get into the router settings to provide the IPv4 but not the logs, this was a couple of weeks ago and I have since received a replacement hub2 which has this same issue.

I only reconnected the hub2 today as you had posted that yours worked fine with CityFibre  and to post the YouTube video for you to see the sequence of flashing lights. I did reset it prior to me reconnecting it so the logs are only from earlier today (Wednesday), the flashing sequence comes on immediately after booting up and I did try restarting it a couple of times to see if it would make any difference so that might show on the log.

I have also connected my telephone to the green port but it is not registering this time, I have been without a house phone on and off now since my full fibre upgrade on 18th October while changing between the hub2 and the 5364 but this is the first time it hasn't registered when connected to the hub2.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 98

Hi @Funky-Gibbons 

At least that means I haven't asked you to do something that you have already done before!

First, you'll need to know the router's username & password. Pull out the removable plastic panel from the top & behind that, actually on the router is another label. Look at this for the router username (this is always admin) and the router password.

Now log into the router by browsing to this address:-

http://192.168.1.1

Enter the router username & password.

From there go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub  2 > Maintenance > Logs

To navigate through the logs, the Last Page is the oldest date/time, whilst the First Page is the newest date/time.

Scroll through the list to the approximate date/time the flashing happened, there will most likely be loads of DNS errors, ignore them. Copy the rest of the entries (or include the DNS ones if easier) and paste them into Word or Excel or something & attach them to your reply.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 47 of 98

Hi Keith, where in the router would I find the system log? What does it look like, it's the first time I've had to view inside router settings so it's something new to me.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 98

Hi @Funky-Gibbons 

From a quick look at your video, it does not seem normal for losing the fibre (unless very momentarily). I am sure I must have asked this before, but what does the system log on the hub2 show at this time?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 49 of 98

Link to YouTube video of hub2 flashing lights  

Hope you are able to view the issue on the above link 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 98

My Hub 2 is fine on CityFibre.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 51 of 98

Morning,

Thanks for the update. It's strange as in theory the wifi hub 2 should connect fine. I can see that my colleague also tried a few different profiles. We'll check back in with you on Friday to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 52 of 98

Good morning Michelle,  I had the eero swapped for the hub 2 when my full fibre was installed, this was unsuitable due to the lack of ethernet ports which would mean having to get a 5 port switch for my connected devices and my lack of available power outlets as I am already using an extension cable, I have swapped a set of powerline adapters I use to pass through so I could power the dva, the good news this morning is the dva has still got the blue phone  light on and kept its registration, so just maybe this might hold up 🤞, there's one thing, I won't need Christmas lights this year with the lights on the router, the ont, the dva and the flickering of the ethernet port 😂,

It's still weird why the hub 2 has the issue though! but if what I have set up works I then I will go with that. 

0 Likes

Message 53 of 98

Morning,

Can I just confirm, you've mentioned that you're currently using a Digital Voice Adapter (DVA) were you previously using or received an eero?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 54 of 98

UPDATE, over the weekend my friend brought his hub 2 router for me to try, once connected it had the same flashing lights as mine does, (The light on the router stays solid white for approx 20 seconds then flashes orange for approx 5 seconds and continues to repeat the sequence).

It is very strange that his works fine at his house yet last week when I connected my hub 2 to his service mine still got the flashing lights, it just doesn't make sense!

As I have no issues with the 5364 and it keeps a solid white light I connected a Grandstream DVA to one of the ethernet ports to try this as a solution but I have found that overnight the DVA blue phone light goes out and I have had to reboot it to get it to reregister, so not really an ideal solution. 

0 Likes

Message 55 of 98
0 Likes

Message 56 of 98

I'll ask him tomorrow and give you an update after the weekend if he's okay with it.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 98

That would be good if you could. It could confirm that it's a fault with the router rather than the connection

Chris

0 Likes

Message 58 of 98

It flashed white and orange as in my original post, I probably had it connected 20 - 30 minutes. 

I  could see if he would let me borrow his router to try at my house for an hour over the weekend,  I can't promise he will but I can ask.

0 Likes

Message 59 of 98

That's very strange. So when you connected your 5464 at your friends, it just flashed orange? How long did you leave it connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 60 of 98

Yes he does, as it happens he had his connected on the same day as me but by a different gang in another part of our town. He also has the 5464 but has no issues.

0 Likes