cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Flashing light on router

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 98 of 98

I have a Sagemcom FAST 5464 which has only recently been supplied to me following upgrade to full fibre 150, last night I noticed a pixilated stream while watching TV so I checked the router and found the light on the front was flashing white and orange, I have turned off the router for over 30 minutes both last night and this morning but I'm still getting a flashing light, this morning I also turned off the ONT for the same period of time to see if that would make any difference, I also did an automated check on my connection through my account and it came back with a possible fault on the line but after doing the further checks it could not find the problem,  can my connection be checked from your side or is there anything else I can try to resolve it please. 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
97 REPLIES 97

Message 81 of 98

Afternoon,

Could you try this router please and if this works then we can try and re-order a wifi hub 2 for you.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 82 of 98

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk the replacement router has been delivered this morning,  unfortunately I have been sent a FAST 5364 which doesn't have the connection for digital voice for my phone,  I could connect it up to use over the weekend to see if it resolves the issue of the flashing light but obviously that would mean losing use of my phone, ideally I would require a replacement FAST 5464 as existing. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 84 of 98

That would also have been my diagnosis.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 85 of 98

Hi Funky-Gibbons

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Message 86 of 98

I have just done a factory reset again but no change so a replacement router for testing would be appreciated thank you.

Message 87 of 98

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming that the connection works at the ONT. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this up again? If you've already tried this then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 88 of 98

Michelle,  I have now checked and connected my laptop directly to the ONT and carried out a speed test and all seems good.

Just to rule it out I have also replaced the ethernet cable from the ONT to the router but I am still getting the flashing light. 

Message 89 of 98

Hi,

Thank you. It's just so we confirm if the service is ok coming into the property and if it could possibly be related to the router.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 90 of 98

I will check this soon and get back to you Michelle 

Message 91 of 98

Thanks for the guidance,  the Public IPv4 is 92.24.120.138

0 Likes

Message 92 of 98

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The connection looks ok. Just to confirm, does the connection work if you connect directly at the ONT with the router removed?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 93 of 98

The ONT sounds fine then. Log into the router, go into Advanced mode & click on TalkTalk Hub 2 then go to:-

Device Info > General > Network

Look at the Public IPv4 address:-

WAN IP addressWAN IP address

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 94 of 98

Hi Keith,  yes mine is the same, black city fibre. 

Power,  Broadband and Service all solid green plus Ethernet which is slightly flickering. 

How would I find the WAN IP address?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 95 of 98

Not always easy to say for certain, as there are numerous ONTs around now. Please could you confirm, which ones are green? On My CityFibre one I have:-

Power

Broadband

Service

Ethernet

However, it does sound like the router is struggling to connect to the internet, I can't really think it is failing to authenticate. Does the router show the WAN IP address at all?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 96 of 98

3 Solid green with the ethernet light slightly flickering, which I  think is normal?

The light on the router stays solid white for approx 20 seconds then flashes orange for approx 5 seconds and continues to repeat the sequence 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 97 of 98

What lights are on the ONT?

Keith

0 Likes