cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Flashing light on router

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 98 of 98

I have a Sagemcom FAST 5464 which has only recently been supplied to me following upgrade to full fibre 150, last night I noticed a pixilated stream while watching TV so I checked the router and found the light on the front was flashing white and orange, I have turned off the router for over 30 minutes both last night and this morning but I'm still getting a flashing light, this morning I also turned off the ONT for the same period of time to see if that would make any difference, I also did an automated check on my connection through my account and it came back with a possible fault on the line but after doing the further checks it could not find the problem,  can my connection be checked from your side or is there anything else I can try to resolve it please. 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
97 REPLIES 97

Message 61 of 98

Does your friend have a TalkTalk City Fibre connection too?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 62 of 98

Left the 5464 connected for 40 minutes but still flashing so I have swapped back to the 5364, where do we go from here? I am convinced it is a router issue as it still flashed when using at my friend's house but also you may think there are other issues to be considered as I have tried two Hub 2's with the same problem. 

0 Likes

Message 63 of 98
0 Likes

Message 64 of 98

Yes, will do 

0 Likes

Message 65 of 98

OK thanks, I'll change it back now to the previous setting. Could you just leave the 5464 connected for around 15 minutes to see if it will connect when I change it back, before swapping back to the 5364

Chris

0 Likes

Message 66 of 98

Hi Chris,  I have swapped over the routers as the 5364 disconnected as you advised it would, but unless you have further changes to make then it has not resolved the problem as the Hub2 is still flashing 

0 Likes

Message 67 of 98

OK, I'll make the change now

0 Likes

Message 68 of 98

Hi Chris, yes if that will resolve the problem I'm happy for you to do that now, I  have paused my work until I can try out the connection following your changes.

0 Likes

Message 69 of 98

OK thanks. I can make a change that should allow the 5464 to connect but it will stop the 5364 connecting, am I OK to do it now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 70 of 98

Yes sure, it's the FAST 5364

0 Likes

Message 71 of 98

Hi Funky-Gibbons,

Can you just confirm which router you have connected at the moment

Chris

0 Likes

Message 72 of 98

Good afternoon, the FTTP was installed by City Fibre. 

I have just returned home after checking the router at my friend's house, who incidentally also has FTTP, and the same problem occurred there, so it is definitely a router issue rather than connection problem.  Could the warehouse have a bad batch of WiFi Hub 2's or do you think that I have just been unlucky having been supplied with 2 routers with the same fault?

0 Likes

Message 73 of 98

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please let us know how you get on. Can I just confirm, was your FTTP service installed by Openreach or CityFibre?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 74 of 98

Well I'm at a loss now! the replacement wi-fi hub 2 arrived today which I connected up only to get the same flashing light issue I had originally with the first wi-fi hub 2 supplied after the full fibre upgrade, just to double check I powered down the ONT for 30 minutes but that made no difference, also for no particular reason I  tried without connecting my phone to the port to see if that was causing any issue. I have now reconnected the FAST 5364 and I have a solid white light. 

I have arranged to visit a friend tomorrow who is also a TT customer to try the wi-fi hub 2 at his house to see what happens there, I will update this post afterwards. 

0 Likes

Message 75 of 98

Hi Funky-Gibbons

No problem 🙂

Apologies you received the incorrect router previously.

0 Likes

Message 76 of 98

That's great, thanks Debbie 😊 

Message 77 of 98

Hi Funky-Gibbons

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I've asked our Warehouse Team to send you a Hub2 and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks again.

Message 78 of 98

Good morning Michelle, I have tested my service over the weekend using the FAST 5364 and I have had no issues so this probably identifies the problem was with a faulty router,  I would be grateful if you could try to re-order a FAST 5464 WiFi Hub 2 as discussed on Friday and I will return both the faulty one and the 5364 supplied for testing. Thank you. 

Message 79 of 98

Morning,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 80 of 98

Yes will do,  I'll report back after the weekend, thanks Michelle. 

0 Likes