cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fttp No internet all lights are on ONT and router is fine - this is the 7th time this has happened

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

We have the issue again where all the lights on the ONT are on and flashing as they should be, router is fine, all should be working but we just don't have internet.  This the 7th time this has happened.  Can you please treat this as a priority as my wife is an on call social worker and we rely purely on wifi calling as there is no mobile phone reception where we are.

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Rich,

I'm sorry I don't have an estimate at the moment and Openreach probably won't speak to you directly. I'll let you know as soon as I have any more information

Chris

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

thanks @Chris-TalkTalk, do you have contact details  for openreach, or are they able to provide an estimate when this will be done?  We will need to organise a place to stay locally so my wife has internet access over the weekend if this isn't sorted

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Rich,

They think they've found the problem, looks as though there's some sort of mismatch on Openreach systems, they are trying to get this sorted

Chris

Message 4 of 17

I'm sorry about this, I'll let our Future Fibre team know

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 17

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk ,

The openreach engineer that was organised for today and was assured would be going to my address has again been sent to the same address in Chelmsford as yesterday - I've never lived in Chelmsford!.  Can we get an engineer out to my actual address ASAP please and can someone please call me to explain what is happening?

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Rich,

I've told the Future Fibre team about the mix up and the situation with your wife's work

Chris

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 17

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk ,

Not sure if this helps at all but I also didn't get any confirmations sent to me via email or text that I was told to expect after my phone call with Mark.  I'm Starting to think that my account and someone else's has been mixed up.  That would explain why whenever I enquire about my upgrades there's no record of them - are they being applied to the other persons account?

Again, can i please ask this be a priority, my wife is on call this weekend with no access to an office so this then turns into a safeguarding issue.

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Rich,

I'm sorry about this, I'll check with Mark

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I've just had the openreach engineer than your colleague Mark organised.  He has been sent to the completely wrong address.  He has all my details but the address he was given is in Chelmsford and I'm in Cornwall.  Can this be looked at straight away please?

Many Thanks

Rich 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Ok thanks, I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Hi Chris,

Yes, unable to get to the internet and unable to ping any site also.

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Rich,

Could I just ask, have you tried connecting a device to the ONT, bypassing the router, to see if there's a problem with the router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Can you confirm when this has been escalated to the future fibre team please?

Many Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to keep on, but could you also make this a high priority as previously mentioned my wife is an on-call social worker and we rely purely on wifi calling.

Many Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Yes, we have tried everything.  Unfortunately as this is the 7th time this has happened we have become used to what is required before this gets escalated.  I am aware there is a fault with my account where my network ID is mismatched but this has never been corrected.  This issue has also blocked me getting upgraded to 900 three times.

Can you please escalate.

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and the router for 30 minutes and then tried connecting again? If this is still happening then we can escalate this over to our Faults Team straight away.

Thanks

0 Likes