cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagem Router Request.

BritSparky3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi Guys,

I have Fibre 150 being installed in another one of my properties tomorrow, I have received the EERO6 Router as promised, and the relevant texts from Openreach so fingers crossed all should be well on the day.

However, the EERO6 routers in my experience are not up to the job, and unfortunately the Router which was originally sent at the start of previous service was a Huawei one. This is no good for anything above 100MB/s  expecially via the ethernet ports. I have various systems monitoring the property which need to be connected via ethernet and was wondering if i could please be sent a SAGEM FAST Router similar to the ones used in my other properties as the one spare on the rear of the EERO isn't enough?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Thank you so much, Karl.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

Optimisation disabled, and a returns bag sent.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 13

UPDATE:

New router has been delivered and installed. Thank you @Chris-TalkTalk for your help.

Two minor things, if I may. No returns bag has been received, could you please send one out so I can do the necessary, and secondly, could you please be kind enough to disable WiFi optimisation on the new router. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days 

Chris

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris,

Yes please, that would be great. Could you please try and ensure it's a SAGEM one? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi BritSparky3,

I can send a wifi hub and returns bag so that you can return the Eero. If you'd still like me to do this please let me know and I'll arrange it for you

Chris

Message 8 of 13

No problem, its the router which was originally supplied way back with the previous Fibre 65 install. It also doesn't have a red WAN port for connection to an ONT, hence my request.

n my other properties, they all have the Sagem FAST 5364 routers connected to the ONT's and work flawlessly for my needs. On each three of the LAN ports are used for household monitoring systems. I've not had an issue requesting a Sagem one instead before. In my experience the EERO's are no good. Primarily due to the lack of enough LAN ports and because the WIFI channels work much better when given different SSID's, which the EERO wont allow.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Ah OK, my bad about the Huawei, you were sent that with a previous Full Fibre install? You could just get an ethernet switch cheaply and easily which will expand the ports on the eero.

We don't have OCEs any more, we have a Support Team and they won't be back online until Monday, which is partly why I suggested that you contact the Future Fibre team directly. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Unfortunately that is incorrect. This is one of the older Huawei hubs which I have had confirmed only has 100Mb ports. I'd appreciate it if this was escalated for an OCE's attention. Thanks.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Contact the Future Fibre team, although I doubt they will be able to arrange anything before tomorrow. The Huawei Hub does have four gigabit ethernet ports. 

0 Likes

BritSparky3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

To clarify, the account to which i'm referring is detailed in the private notes section of my profile.

0 Likes