cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

BT Engineer no show, cancel Fibre 500 order and remain on Fibre 65

Exit35
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I was scheduled to have my package upgraded from Fibre 65 to Fibre 500 today. Unsurprisingly the BT Open reach engineer did not show up, wasting the time I took from work.

After reading through some of the awful experiences people have had I have decided slower internet is better than no internet. Can my Fibre 500 order be cancelled and my package remain on Fibre 65 please? Is this something that can be done through these forums or do I have to make a phonecall?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

I'll need to confirm some security with you, so I'll drop you a PM with some instructions.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Sadly I do not trust the competency of Openreach. They once took 5 weeks to set my service up because they kept taking the wrong keys to the cabinet. I thought maybe as future fibre has been available for a while things might might be a bit smoother but no. I am much better off sticking with my existing package, so if you can cancel the future fibre 500 but retain my fibre 65 I would greatly appreciate it. I will also need instructions on returning the amazon eero.

As a side note I wonder how much damage open reach do to companies like talktalk due to their untouchable incompetence. A cynical person might wonder if they do it on purpose to customers of their rivals. There should be ways for tlaktlak to hold openreach accountable.

Sorry for the rant.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Exit35

I can see there has been a delay on the openreach side. I'm not sure how far along the order is, to place a cancellation, but I can see if this can be done if this is what you want to do. Your current service will continue to work until the upgrade is completed if you still want to wait , please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

"If we fail to keep an appointment we've made with you, you can claim a one-off fixed rate payment of £10"

Dont spend it all at once

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Heh, that would be nice but at this point all I am interested in is keeping my current internet intact.

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You are also entitled to compensation from BT non show

0 Likes