cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 problems

Rosie61
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

As a long time customer of Talk Talk on renewal this year I upgraded to the Full Fibre 150 with the Eero.  The Open Reach engineer advised the best place for entry to the house was in an upstairs bedroom and assured me numerous times the Eero would work well there.

Now I can’t watch Netflix on my Smart Tv downstairs, can’t get any wifi in my garden and after doing a live chat this evening with Talk Talk where the only suggestion was I paid £6 per month extra for total wifi, then after I refused kept me waiting for 25 mins with no further interaction, I am hoping for some help here if possible.  

Rosie 
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Rosie,

Can I just check, how has your connection been since your last post?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hello,

Thank you. I've passed this over and will keep you updated.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Rosie61
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

My wife’s phone is mainly now on 4G and occasionally connects to our wifi. Previously it was almost always on Wi-Fi. The smart tv struggles to keep a connection. My phone has a weak Wi-Fi signal and the laptop seems ok.

Rosie 
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hello again,

Just to confirm, our devices manager has asked what specific devices are unable to connect please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Morning,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this over to our Devices Team now for the fix to be applied and I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Rosie61
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Software version 

v7.3.3-2

Rosie 
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Hi @Rosie61 

Can you check your Eero and enter its firmware version into the thread today, as this is something that they have been asking for in the last few days? 

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Thanks for the screenshots @Rosie61 

Your Eero's 5GHz band is using channel 155, which most devices do not support, forcing them to use the much slower 2.4GHz band. This is a known problem for which there is a fix, I will ask TalkTalk to apply it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

No problem. I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference. It is quite long (about 30 pages), but you will probably only need to look at three or four pages in total. Initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This is the first link in the table of contents. This section includes full details of free Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Select the analyser of your choice & my guide explains how to use it. Collect the screenshots that I require and include them in your reply. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please as they can be difficult to read, because the text can get out of focus when zoomed in. Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large.

Keith

0 Likes

Rosie61
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

I would appreciate receiving the guide and any help offered Keith. Thanks

Rosie 
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Thanks @KeithFrench 

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Rosie61

Please can you add your TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks