cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 slow speed

ricksmith
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Full Fibre 150 installed today. Initial speed was around 150mbps down and 170mbps up, as advertised and acceptable. 
Speed test carried out this evening on talktalk website was 85mbps down and 94mbps up, rather disappointing. Any one had similar experience and is it likely to improve or does this need reporting as a fault.

IMG_7366.png
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Been very good around 150mbps  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning rick,

How have your speeds been over the last couple of days?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi rick,

Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you in a few days just to check that your speeds have remained consistent.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Chris 

speeds have been pretty consistent today at around 150mbps down and 170mbps up. So looks like things have settled down. Just one question though is it normal to have higher upload than download speed. I have no problem with this it just seems a bit strange.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

The speed test was done over WiFi as there is no spare port on the Eero. I was directly in front of the Eero at the time. Another test done this morning Shows speed of 152mbps. I will monitor sped throughout the day. Hopefully speed will settle down.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi ricksmith,

Speed tests to the eero look OK. Did you run the speed test on a device connected to the eero by Ethernet cable or wifi? Approximately how far was it away from the eero when you ran the test?

Chris

0 Likes