cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Installation - Installation - No progress

Millat
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi, OpenReach laid fibre cable to my street in late February and in March I was notified that I could sign up for the fibre products.  I decided to go for the Fibre500 package and was signed up via phone by a TalkTalk agent on 6th March, receiving my contract documents on that date.  At the time of signing, I was given a date of 21st March for an engineer to come to my premises to assess the work needing to be done and I duly waited in on that day.  Unfortunately, the engineer did not show, and I have been left with no further contact, either from TalkTalk or OpenReach.  Can anyone help advance the situation?  Cheers

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I can only apologies. I'm not sure what's happened, must have been a system issue not registering the confirmation.

If the cost of reordering is higher then it's probably worth speaking to our Loyalty Team, they may be able to help. Contact details can be found here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Chris.  Thanks for getting back to me.  This is surprising as I received a text acknowledgement saying "thank you for confirming" following me sending the CONFIRM message .  I also see that the cost if I re book now is slightly higher than when I set up in early March.  Will my earlier contract price agreement still hold?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Millat,

I'm really sorry about this but it appears that the order has been cancelled. It looks as though the reason for this is that Openreach didn't receive the 'Confirm' text message. If you would still like to go ahead with the Future Fibre upgrade you would need to place a new order I'm afraid, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK thanks. I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Chris,  Yes I did receive a text from TalkTalk acknowledging the order and another giving an indication of what would follow, i.e.  installing a small junction box on the outside of my property.  I replied 'CONFIRM' to this text indicating that I gave permission for them to do this without me being present. OpenReach then text to say that they would call me on an 0800 number on the 12th March but i did not receive such a call. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Millat,

Could I just ask, have you received any other communication, possibly a text message regarding the order?

Chris

0 Likes