cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre - Speed Upgrade - Engineer visit required?

EvilDrPorkChop94
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I currently have full Fibre to the property which was fitted about 24 months ago. 

No issues at all with my service. Rang to renew my contract and was offered a faster speed (Fibre 150) - great. 

After everything going through, the customer service person told me i'd required an engineer visit. After querying this I was told that i'd need 'a new cable fitting' Which is obviously not the case - and that I need to book an all day appointment so that they can come out. 

Do I actually need an engineer visit? - My CSP is actually internal to my property due to installation restrictions, along with the ONT. But I can't for the life of me see why someone needs to come out when it's literally just a package upgrade. Can someone confirm this is correct? 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi EvilDrPorkChop94,

The upgrade appears to have gone through now. Can you please retest and let me know if the speed looks OK

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi,

A colleague in the provisioning team has place a new order, this should go live either later today or tomorrow (an engineer visit isn't required) - apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience 

Chris 

Message 3 of 16

Our provisioining team are looking into this now. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Message 4 of 16

OK thanks. i'll ask our provisioning team to take a look, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi,

No nothing, no contact at all. Speeds still on old package too.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi EvilDrPorkChop94,

I'm sorry about this, the order is still showing processing, have you heard anything since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

EvilDrPorkChop94
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

An utter joke, took a day off work and waited in all day. Nothing. Service is still at 65mbps package speeds, no phone call or message. Email and contract clearly states new package starts on 19th, and phone call with operative was adamant engineer would be required on 19th. 

Tried to contact support, either on hold for ages or waiting for an operator to reply on chat! 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Just the usual contact number / Chat and ask to speak to the Full Fibre team, @EvilDrPorkChop94.

Specific hours listed in the link at the foot of this information page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

So, telephone 03451 720088.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Could you point me in the right direction for this? Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Morning,

I'd recommend contacting our Future Fibre Team directly as they will be able to confirm specifically why the engineer visit is required.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Standard router.

But not sure why they’d send an Openreach engineer to set up an Eero? 

I can do that myself - don’t really want to take a day off work for a package upgrade! 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

If you already have a Full Fibre service via Openreach then I cannot see why an engineer is required, save maybe to flick a switch at the exchange end. Which router do you have currently? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi,

Yes I have a regular TT router (Which I'd actually like to continue using rather than an Eero)

But yes, they are sending me an Eero 6. However the lady said they might not even need to enter the property?

Also would they send an engineer to even do this - i'm more than capable of doing that myself! 

I haven't had any confirmation off openreach or anything for an appointment either.  

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Morning,

Just to confirm, are you currently using a regular TT router? It could be to install an eero instead if you've upgraded to a faster package.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

I can't see as you will, unless they want to test it. What I'd advise you to do when the upgrade is complete, is to turn off both the ONT & router for at least 30 mins. This should clear everything from the old slower service & then you should just get the 150Mbps.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes