cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre - Use of my own Router

dfc5967
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

TalkTalk has offered me a free upgrade from Fast Broadband to full fibre broadband service with an average speed of 152Mb/s. Before I agree to the proposed installation date I have a number of questions.

1) Will I still be able to use my Draytek Vigor 2762n router. I mainly use Ethernet connection and only use WiFi for tablets?

2) I also need the Digital Voice (VoIP) using my existing TalkTalk phone number. Can this be done without using a TalkTalk router?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

As far as I am aware the VOIP service provided by us will only work via the eero with a Digital Voice Adapter or with the Wifi Hub 2 router.

Michelle

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @dfc5967 my personal favourite router and very interested to read the formal answers to your questions. You won't hear till Monday but my opinions, not facts, are as follows.

1 Yes should have no issues at all as the fibre box will have an output the draytek can use.

2 As we both know the draytek 2762 N can handle voip but doesn't have a phone socket so you'll probably need a grandstream box or similar. 

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong and look forward to hearing how you progress. 

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.