cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre 65

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 75 of 75

Hi we have upgraded to full fibre 65 with voip from fibre 65. We go live on 06th September 23, not received new router yet.

Please help CEO.

Thank you

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74

Message 41 of 75

Our provisioning team have said that they've cancelled the order but it can take up to 5 days to go through, the order will then need to be placed again, I would ignore the email. Regarding the sales agent, the order was placed and everything that I could see showed that the engineer was booked to do the installation yesterday. It's only when the provisioning team checked another system that I don't have access too, that they found that the order was stuck and needed to be cancelled.

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 75

Sorry it was email sent out today saying being upgraded to full fibre and will be contacted in next 2 weeks but OR. We have to respond, as we have told us this has been cancelled. Do we ring up and speak to a manager to sort this out. The sales agent total gave us wrong info and caused all this. Sorry Chris but this is nuts. We will be able to start our own blog soon🤣

Thanks 

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 75

Hi Chris

We have sent you a PM. However we have received a email asking us to accept a date . What do we do?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 44 of 75

No problem. Thanks for answering the security questions but I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 75

Thank you for being so helpful. Does this mean that the new contract is not in force and we are working on our previous one. Therefore have to renegotiate.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 75

I'm really sorry about this. Yes you would need to call after 5 days if you'd like to place the order again. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details then I'll raise a complaint on your behalf

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 75

Hi Chris

My husband has arrived home and is livid but is currently mourning the loss oss his dad 2 weeks ago. 

TT will have all information of this we presume.  We would like you to forward a complaint on our behalf but it must express our angst at this mess and how we can move forward with a satisfactory compensation and a correcting of the matter. I presume we still have to call in 5days should we feel. Hopefully the loyalty team is aware of all this. 

We thank you for your help it must be a hard job for you when these situations arise. Please keep us updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 48 of 75

I'm sorry about this, would you like us to raise a complaint on your behalf?

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 75

So sorry Chris but not good enough. I suspected the loyalty team agent at the time seemed just interested in making us move over glad the calls are recorded. So does our previous contract with you still stand which was renewed a week earlier and discounted to make it £18  for 18month plus £ 80 e gift voucher and again promised they would all still apply on new contract of which we received a copy via email . We have had to turn our cupboards out  to allow access and we are both OAPs  it was  hard going.

Will the Loyalty team be aware of the total mess.?We will expecting some form of recompense. Please forward our feelings on to your managers.

I am sorry that you have had to get the backlash of this Chris.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 75

Hi silverbird63,

Our provisioning team have taken a look at this and advised the the order is stuck on a back end system and isn't going to complete. They've had to cancel the order unfortunately. I'm sorry about this but they've said that you will need to replace the order with our Loyalty team leaving at least 5 days before doing this as the old order will need to be cleared from all our systems before the new order is placed, to avoid any further issues.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, I know this must be really frustrating. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 51 of 75

Sorry about this, I'll check with our provisioning team and get back to you

Chris

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 75

Nope.

Nothing either router or engineer. Feeling got and frustrated but confident talktalk will do the right thing for valued customers since 2007.

Thank

0 Likes

Message 53 of 75

Hi silverbird63,

Any sign of the engineer yet?

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 75

Hi Chris no sign of BT or router as of yet . I cannot go anywhere I'm just making sure I hear anyone.

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 75

Thank you Chris

So I presume the engineer will explain how to change over as we have router with connection to TV.  Does this mean we can have full fibre too .Just hope it comes before he does. 

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 56 of 75

The order has been placed and the engineer booked for today. If the router doesn't arrive the engineer should be able to set up the broadband service with your existing router and I'll escalate it to get the router sent out. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 75

Morning thank you.

We are so angry and feeling that the BT engineer might not even be ordered. What happens if the router isn't here?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 58 of 75

Hi silverbird63,

It still doesn't look as though the router has been dispatched, I'll check again in a couple of hours and if the order hasn't progressed I'll escalate to have a router sent

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 75

Ah thanks for the information very kind, we have the cabling etc just need the feed of the fibre cable ., It's just a shame this wasn't all explained. We haven't had the router yet. Not great. 

Thanks again 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 75

Full fibre speeds are always at the maximum for the product as there is no appreciable attenuation over a real fibre line unlike your current copper line..

If the fibre cable is not being installed in the same underground conduit into your home do have a think about where you want them to drill the necessary hole in your wall and make sure that point has a double power outlet near to it for the ONT and router.

The router will connect to the ONT with a short ethernet cable, so if you want your router elsewhere you'll have to provide your own longer ethernet cable.