cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre VOIP Digital voice adapter with own router, what ports to forward on router to VOIP box?

Graysters
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi There Everyone!

I have a new Full Fibre connection from TalkTalk with digital voice (VOIP) and *need to use my own router*. Everything is working fine except the voice part of the service. All blue lights on the HT601, and The phone rings when you call it, and when I call out, the receiver's phone rings, however you cannot hear anything on the home phone. Reading around, this sounds like a common problem that needs ports forwarding from my router to the Grandstream HT801  analogue voice adapter that TalkTalk provided. I have tried forwarding the usual SIP and RTP ports (5060 and 5004) as well as a few others, but this doesn't appear to be working, so suspect Talktalk are using a non-standard config for this.

Could someone tell me the ports that need to be forwarded from my router to the Grandstream HT801  analogue voice adapter that TalkTalk provided, or does it use some other protocol to open ports on the router?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

We recommend the use of our equipment and only support it's use with the digital voice service, I'm sorry for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for responding Chris.

"Unfortunately we are unable to give out any information about setting up digital voice on 3rd party equipment."

Simple question in response to this...  Why not?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks. Unfortunately we are unable to give out any information about setting up digital voice on 3rd party equipment. Other Community Members are free to offer their assistance if they can

Chris

0 Likes

Graysters
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris, yes. it seemed to work fine when it was initially tested with the Talktalk provided router. Just need to know how to get it working with my router

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Graysters,

Just to confirm, does the digital voice service work OK with the router provided by TalkTalk?

Chris

0 Likes