cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre - non delivery

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 108 of 108

On March 20 I signed up to upgrade to fibre 150. Apart from the contract, I have heard nil.

therefore in a panic I contacted customer services via the BOt. After an hour I was told that the Open reach are booked for tomorrow (18thApril) being the second closest day availability. However, they confirmed that my fears 5hat no equipment had been ordered...ie router or voice adapter , as promised.

i was told to phone the delivery team...who took a further hour to confirm what I had already been told! Whilst awaiting transfer to a further department I was cut off, having waited a further 20 minutes I called back to start the process all over. After about a further 30 minutes we agreed that there was no order!

i now have to wait whilst an investigation is launched as to why it all went wrong! Apart from the 2 and a half hours I spent on the phone and online. Fortunately, I have hopefully saved Openreach a wasted journey.

my stress levels are past extremely high, [on medication for heart]? Have had to cancel all arrangements made to fit in this appointment, like my wife having to stay with friends due to any loud noises drilling etc makes.

the whole situation is a mess! 

I have been loyal to TT for a great many years and this is the way loyalty is treated?

finally, I have had to log in as a new member, because my old user name is only 4 digits long and no longer recognised, although the system still greats me with it!

107 REPLIES 107

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 108

I re-escalated the thread this morning, @MrA4d.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 108

Day 104

still July 4th.

please cancel the band and the flags!

the open reach diggers did a fantastic job. Well done boys! All on my land, not one inch of work was conducted off my property. So much for the previous statements that ‘ a check had been made on the Land Registry, and it is not on your property’.

or ‘waiting for permission ‘ which has been the excuse since APRIL 28th.I gave my permission then  and that is all that should be required to dig on my own property, as I argued all along!!!

I now report that I have to wait for 2 things!

firstly the equipment to fit , secondly the engineer to fit it! I have been told that the second will be here soon!

As for the first item, well it has been ordered, but as I  write, not dispatched .

So which will come first? 

I will let you know?

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 108

JULY 4th.

OPEN REACH HAVE JUST TURNED UP AT MY HOUSE AND ARE GOIng to start the dig to put the box on my house.

following this the engineer will be coming.......🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

IT IS THE 4th JULY........

BUT I HAVE NO EQUIPMENT DELIVERED,!!!!

0 Likes

Message 24 of 108

Can't wait!  🙂

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 108

As it has now been over 90 days since my first order, I am now attempting to expedite this whole issue through other channels. I will therefore update these pages if and when I receive any news from other sources.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 108

Morning,

We'll continue to keep intermittently checking this for an new updates or information from Openreach and will post back here as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 108

Sorry missed your last.

the last phone call to me was 15 May. My last text update was 25 May , whilst this stated that I would be updated on 14 June. For which you updated me that I would have to wait until 4 July.

as previously mentioned I have not approached the complaints section, I cannot see how that would assist my cause as it would appear to be a problem between you and OPen Reach, the latter I cannot approach to sort out their perceived ‘issues’.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 108

Could I just ask when you last was in contact with your complaint manager?

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 108

No!

i do not have a direct contact number and I don’t wish to waste hours being passed from person to person.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 108

Hi MrA4d,

There have been no further updates from Openreach, have you spoken to your complaint manager recently?

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 108

received my  8 weeks letter  of my open and as yet unresolved complaint.

the contents of which suggested that I either contact the CEO’s office (can’t see that doing any good!j. Alternatively make a report to CISAS, which I have just done. 

However, realistically , I don’t think either will actually get me my Contracted service upgrade!

i wonder if they are hoping I will just go away?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 108

Hi MrA4d,

There's no further updates on the order on the Openreach website but I'll check again later

Chris

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 108

hey folks,

just received the below! 

i now know what fibre 150 means!!! Well almost! It has taken 154 days from my original order to at least get my 3rd appointment!

Now I only have  a whole 68 days to wait from now! And that is their earliest appointment to someone they have let down so many times!!!

92 days from one of the OR escalation periods!

see below!

you have to laugh ! Or you would be crying!

At last  a real date! Or is it?At last a real date! Or is it?

Message 34 of 108

Hi MrA4d,

There are no further updates at the moment. As you know, you have an open complaint with ourselves and this has been escalated within Openreach. I know the delay it

s frustrating but I'm afraid there is nothing that we can do to expedite this. We'll continue to monitor and provide any updates as and when they become available

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 108

I have watched the You Tube videos of Open Reach plant a forest of telegraph pole to bring FTTP, I have also viewed the same channel where OR have dug a tunnel the size of the new Victoria line to bring broadband to a little old lady with a cat!

i have viewed other people having their blocked ducting cleared and the happy faces that brings. But I have never seen anything about real problems....like digging a trench to lay a cable under my lawn, where it is a project too far !

66 days to decide where to put a pick without resolution!

so I will ask the knowledgeable and learned this. Has there been a complaint launch by TT about the problems encountered? If not why not? 

I quote the following:Please consider this action!Please consider this action!

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 108

Chris,

i have sent you a PM.

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 108

🇺🇸🇺🇸So it is now wait for July 4th. 🇺🇸

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 108

sorry Ferguson,

but would you please expand on your earlier statement where you stated that TalkTalk has rectified their failure to honour the contract of 22march? 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 108

And I still agree with you. But TalkTalk can only tell you what Openreach tell them. 

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 108

to Ferguson,

yes I am continuing to keep this alive, and if I might respectfully point out to you the contractual arrangements to which you agreed with me on previous postings!

Earlier posting!Earlier posting!

0 Likes