cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Questions about change from Fibre 65 to Full Fibre 65 with Voice Package

chris45
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I am on Fibre 65 with TalkTalk modem/router D-Link DSL-3782 and about to change to Full Fibre 65 with the voice package.

I understand that the Eero 6 router only has two ethernet ports.  I know, from reading this forum, that I can purchase a gigabit switch and connect it to the Eero router to increase the number of ports.  My question is, could I just connect my present router DSL-3782 instead and use the ports on this?

If this is not possible and I have to purchase a gigabit switch I would prefer to use one that doesn't use mains power as there will be enough mains plugs required as it is.  I don't  suppose that there is any way to connect a USB powered switch to the set-up? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

chris45
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

,Hi again, Just chatted with TalkTalk Full Fibre team and they say that Full Fibre 65 does not come with EEro but with Sagemcom Fast 5464.  If this is the case then I'll be ok.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

They may, but if not, we can always swap this out after the service goes live.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

chris45
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Ok, thanks.  This looks to be more suitable for my use.

Will TalkTalk simply supply this instead of the Eero if I make a request before they send the Eero?  (Only requested Full Fibre yesterday).

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

I was talking about the TalkTalk Wifi hub we provide, the Sagemcom router.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

chris45
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your reply.  Can you recommend a suitable wifi hub?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

The Dlink router will not be compatible, so either a switch can be used or we could look at swapping out the eero for a wifi hub.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips