cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre - non delivery

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 108 of 108

On March 20 I signed up to upgrade to fibre 150. Apart from the contract, I have heard nil.

therefore in a panic I contacted customer services via the BOt. After an hour I was told that the Open reach are booked for tomorrow (18thApril) being the second closest day availability. However, they confirmed that my fears 5hat no equipment had been ordered...ie router or voice adapter , as promised.

i was told to phone the delivery team...who took a further hour to confirm what I had already been told! Whilst awaiting transfer to a further department I was cut off, having waited a further 20 minutes I called back to start the process all over. After about a further 30 minutes we agreed that there was no order!

i now have to wait whilst an investigation is launched as to why it all went wrong! Apart from the 2 and a half hours I spent on the phone and online. Fortunately, I have hopefully saved Openreach a wasted journey.

my stress levels are past extremely high, [on medication for heart]? Have had to cancel all arrangements made to fit in this appointment, like my wife having to stay with friends due to any loud noises drilling etc makes.

the whole situation is a mess! 

I have been loyal to TT for a great many years and this is the way loyalty is treated?

finally, I have had to log in as a new member, because my old user name is only 4 digits long and no longer recognised, although the system still greats me with it!

107 REPLIES 107

Message 1 of 108

I have ordered a returns bag, return it whenever you are ready.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 108

There will either be a returns bag and labels in the box, or staff can get these sent to you, @MrA4d.

Keep a record of returning the equipment  - there will be a tracking number on the label.

It doesn't matter whether you have opened the box or not - it will simply be recorded as "equipment returned" and it's up to TT to use it again, recycle it or whatever. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 108

Useful, but as stated I have not opened this unwanted delivery! So are you telling me to open the parcel? Or where do I get the large returns bag and labels from?

I think that you might guess that I am totally fed up with this whole process!

i am in receipt of numerous text messages and emails all contradicting each other, with not one department prepared to sort out the many unreported messes of their own making!

however, thank you for your thoughts.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 108

Royal Mail can pick it up from your home, @MrA4d:

Screenshot_20230824-184805_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 108

thank you for that great advice!!!

they came last Monday and before I could get to the door........they had gone.......leaving the parcel!

For personal reasons I am unable to get to the local!!!!! post Office, nor can I afford to queue for absolute ages to post it back!

so it is sitting there all forlorn still wrapped up waiting for another suggestion?

please note that I attempted several other methods to stop this unwanted delivery , unsuccessfully , days before, due to errors on your back office behalf!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 108

Hi MrA4d

Im not sure why extra equipment has been ordered, but if you refuse the delivery it will be returned in time. 

Apologies for any inconvenience 

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 108

I have to reprise my earlier post over an issue which is quite amusing! I made comment I’m my very last post that there was obviously major problems within departments at various levels within the TalkTalk organisation?

Tonight I have received two emails from TT, the one informing me that my Eero is on its way? The other from Yodel to anticipate a parcel delivery!

if you are familiar with my story, it was in March when I ordered an upgrade to full fibre 150. After a lot of false starts and interventions , my system was upgraded in mid July. I was forwarded an Eero and VoIP , together with a TalkTalk router. I chose to have the latter fitted and duly returned the other two items.

i suppose that I no wonder have to trek  a great distance to my nearest Post Office to return yet again the unwanted items and also contact Talk Talk and tell them to put their records straight!Yet againYet again

0 Likes

Message 8 of 108

Morning,

I was just checking to see if they are still managing this to completion for you. I'm glad to hear that the voice service is working and that the speeds are ok.

Thanks

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 108

The last time was last Saturday 15 th. Why?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 108

Morning,

Are you still in contact with the Complaints Team?

Thanks

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 108

During these past few months there have been many promises, many broken. Of appointments made then ignored.i will repeat my earlier comment that in an industry which makes its money on selling communication, its own record is very poor!

why do these things happen and no explanation or communication offered? Or people should be told that the appointment cannot be honoured directly to the customer with an explanation?

on the day that my system went live I was informed that my date was still 32 days ahead ( see previous posts)?

Despite the efforts of the Community team I managed to get the issue moving with great help from other people, as mentioned before.However one shouldn’t have to resort to seek such assistance, in an industry with so many flaws.My phone works and my router shows a speed just over 150.... Horray!

Finally, I have been assured that I am due a sum of money for my inconvenience. I have decided that when it arrives I will be donating a percentage of it to the local Children’s Hospice.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 108

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 108

For those who examined my last very carefully!

please note my incorrect dates, so excited was I!

the engineer came on Wednesday evening  12th and also Thursday morning, which made the live date 13 th July.

apologies😇

0 Likes

Message 14 of 108

The read count will include those who have looked at your "diatribe" more than once, including me, so don't over-estimate it! 😉

Nevertheless I am glad you seem to have got there in the end and I hope you enjoy your new service.  🙂

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 108

At last!

last Friday 7 July, I took delivery of my eero  and DVA. Following a call from the complaints department , who have been helpful, so thank you to them, they booked me an installation dated of Tuesday 11th July. Initially I thought that , here we go again when we reached 5. 30 pm and still no attendance. However a call to the team reassured me that the engineer was on his way.

Bless him he turned up at 6.20, but had a colossal amount of work to do. The civics team had dug my lawn etc , but didn’t draw the line some 200 yards to reach the BT box on my pathway! So the engineer also had to draw the cables from there to my outside wall, then place the OTN in my hallway. This was some distance through several walls!. By 10 pm he had done as much as possible, so withdrew for the night. Due to the late hour he would be unable to activate the system. Arriving at 7 am he was able to continue in daylight and connected everything up and make contact to activate the connections. All was well, but a word of caution, CHECK YOUR PHONE! Mine required a further call to TT to the help desk.

remarkably, I was informed that I wasn’t due to be connected until mid August (previous posts). However, my telephone service was quickly restored. All the connections were made through the TalkTalk HUB 2 which was kindly forwarded to me the previous Monday, thus the eero and DVA will be returned soon.

i owe a great deal of thanks for the momentum of this project to a person who is on a greatly higher pay grade than me and is in a position of great elevation and high esteem! Sorry that I cannot name him or his office!

so to the 3000 plus people who have taken the time to read my diatribe, thank you. Day 112 from my initial order I have been connected. Which is 87 days from my first failed appointment! 

Keep trying to anyone in a similar position.

i will not close this Community forum as there are some issues which require a satisfactory resolution, and I will let you know.

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 108

Chris,

i have posted a PM

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 108

I have answered your questions in PM.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 108

Hi MrA4d,

The eero and DVA are showing dispatched yesterday so they should be with you within a couple of days. (there's no tracking number showing yet)

I'm not really sure what you mean about the direct communication, we do have direct communication with Openreach via their help desk

I apologies again for the length of time this has taken, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 108

thank you for the latest information.

having read many threads over these past few months, I noticed that under normal circumstances when a request for equipment has been made, within two clicks of your fingers the necessary parts are speedily dispatched. However, on this occasion it would appear that the provisioning team are reluctant to forward anything. This begs the question ....what do they know, but aren’t saying?

with regards to the comments about the total failure of the Open Reach desk agent to listen? We are talking here of two of the Communication Industries major players! I was first made aware of  the OR comments with regards to my property on 18th May, and raised the strongest of objections to what I considered was incorrect information immediately.

my question is ‘ are there not direct communication channels available for instances such as this’? If not, why not?

As stated, you are in the communications industry. 

This needs adding to my still open complaint. So what is happening to my long delayed upgrade following admissions of a total failures all round!

0 Likes

Message 20 of 108

Hi MrA4d,

I'm sorry if the information was incorrect about the location of the work. As I've said, we can only really go off what we've been told by Openreach, it was an Openreach desk agent that  checked the land registry and confirmed that all the work required wasn't on your land. I'm sure this was done in good faith, they may have anticipated that some work was need that turned out not to be.

Regarding the router, it's not been dispatched yet, I'll keep an eye on the order and let you know when it has

Chris