cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Helping neighbour

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 85 of 85

You have upgraded my neighbours connection to full fibre and left them without a working connection could you please advise who to contact 

it is now full fibre with a 5464 router which gets stuck on a static orange light 

city fibre have now been twice and confirmed it’s all working from their end 

ideas ? Suggestions ?

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 41 of 85
0 Likes

Message 42 of 85

Will do

0 Likes

Message 43 of 85

OK thanks. Can you switch the ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 85

It is 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 85

I've received an update saying that this should now be resolved. Is the router currently connected to the ONT and switched on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 85

I'm sorry it's taking so long but hopefully it will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 85

We raised a complain as everything is just taking a crazy about of time , never known anything like it to be fair … that’s not just you guys but the telephone and web chat support as well ( who just take you around in circles repeating the same tests ) we spoke with Ben in case management and was told that we should never have been sent a 5464 let alone two and an eero and grandstream has been shipped out on next day 

0 Likes

Message 48 of 85

No, neither are relevant, they are different issues. The issue has been assigned to an agent so hopefully it will be resolved soon. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 51 of 85

Yes, I'd says it's been 5 working days now so I'm chasing it. I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 85

Would you say that today is day 5?

0 Likes

Message 53 of 85

No further updates yet. Ill check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 54 of 85

I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve. This generally takes 3-5 working days so we should have an update tomorrow at the latest

Chris

0 Likes

Message 55 of 85

Thanks for the reply Chris but despite another Friday and Saturday onto your technical team , full fibre order department and the loyalty team we have got no further , the bit I don’t get is the router is set to get its wan address via dhcp yet the city fibre ont boxes don’t give an ip address out … I looked at my own an its using PPPoe … either way I think they are that fed up now they are calling customer services today to cancel so they can order elsewhere  

0 Likes

Message 56 of 85

Sorry for the delay. No further updates yet but I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 57 of 85

this just gets better and better, thanks for the reply, time i think to be honest with my neighbour and suggest they are with the wrong supplier

0 Likes

Message 58 of 85

Staff will not be back before Monday, @sandyback.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 59 of 85

any updates?

0 Likes

Message 60 of 85

No problem. I don't know if it will be resolved today it should be resolved soon.

Chris

0 Likes