cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Helping neighbour

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 85 of 85

You have upgraded my neighbours connection to full fibre and left them without a working connection could you please advise who to contact 

it is now full fibre with a 5464 router which gets stuck on a static orange light 

city fibre have now been twice and confirmed it’s all working from their end 

ideas ? Suggestions ?

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 1 of 85

You would just need to follow the options to cancel the service and this would take you through to the Loyalty Team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 85

That is the only number. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 85

But that number isn't the loyality team direct thats the same number we have been calling ?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 85

@sandyback, as in the article, it's always 03451 720088.

They MUST use the phone number. The Chat link is not the direct route for this and should just be used for following up, trouble shooting etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 85

Please see the following help article, it gives contact details for our loyalty team - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 85

@Chris-TalkTalk could i trouble you to provide a direct number for the loyalty  team please, thank you

0 Likes

Message 7 of 85

At least it's an update which moves them forward, I will give my neighbour this link and your update but I know they was looking at going with another provider but because that would take upto ten days decided to wait this out with you guys ... i will leave it upto them but if it was me i would be ceasing with talk talk and going with an alternative, thats no reflection on your efforts , thank you 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 85

Hi sandyback

I've just received an update, apologies for the delay. It's not good news I'm afraid, I've been told that despite their best efforts the only way forward is to do what's called a cease and re-provide, which basically means that the service needs to be cancelled and once the cease order is completed a new order needs to be placed to provide service 

To do this the customer will need to speak to our Loyalty team, they can cease the order and once the cease order has completed they can then place a new order.

I can only apologies, I know this must be incredibly annoying and frustrating. If you need any more information please let me know

Chris 

0 Likes

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 85

Day 30! Figured I would give you an update, my neighbour having his complaint dealt with finally had an engineer (not city fibre) sent out to investigate the issue ... only to be told that the line to the house is fine ... all the kit inside the house is fine and connected correctly and that it is an authentication issue that only talk talk can resolve ... so I guess at least he agrees with you guys ... only problem is its not getting resolved is it! any update from your side?????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Likes

Message 10 of 85

I'm really sorry to hear that but completely understand. If I do hear anything further in the meantime I'll let you know.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 85

No worries, I've just updated my neighbour (your customer), I won't tell you what he said!  But he is speaking to loyalty today and cancelling his account and sending all the kit back so.

Thanks for trying.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 85

Day 25!??? Surely there has to be an end to this somewhere?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 85

Sorry, nothing further at the moment.

Chris

0 Likes

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 85

Anything?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 85

No problem, I know this must be extremely frustrating. I'll continue to monitor and let you know as soon as I know anything further.

Chris

Message 16 of 85

Much appreciated

Message 17 of 85

I have been chasing, I haven't just been waiting to receive an update, but I'll check again

Chris

Message 18 of 85

Is it possible to chase for an update rather than waiting to receive one?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 85

Thanks for the information. Sorry, we've not received an update yet. I'll let you know as soon as I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 85

The call from the complaints team arrived yesterday 4 hours after the text message they sent suggested it would happen.

Despite lots of apologies they said the only action they could take would be to transfer John to technical support!

Another 1hr and 45 mins on the phone to technical support doing all the same things over and over only for them to end the call and not bother phoning back.  Technical support don't even seem to acknowledge that the community team even exist and have no idea about the "Authentication Issue" ???

Still got a red light on the Eero with four green lights on the ONT, any update from your side?

0 Likes