cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Helping neighbour

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 85 of 85

You have upgraded my neighbours connection to full fibre and left them without a working connection could you please advise who to contact 

it is now full fibre with a 5464 router which gets stuck on a static orange light 

city fibre have now been twice and confirmed it’s all working from their end 

ideas ? Suggestions ?

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 21 of 85

I don't really know what is involved but it doesn't seem to be easy to fix unfortunately. We've raised it to the team who deal with these issues, there isn't really any other way of expediting it. You can of course also discuss it with your Complaints Manager.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 85

and can't this investigation be expedited in some way? a username being incorrect doesn't seem to suggest it would be difficult to fix?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 85

It's been passed to a back office team as the problem seems to be the the username is incorrect which is causing an authentication problem. They thought they had fixed the problem but unfortunately they hadn't so it's been passed back for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 85

rather than fix it could it not be resolved by creating them a new account or something? while we appreciate you want to fix it this is just open ended ... who is it you've escalated this to as we have a call in the next few hours from case management and it would be useful to let them know 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 85

I can understand your frustration but we want to fix it and we've escalated it. I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 85

could you suggest who we could call?

no point ringing technical support as they just go through the motions, same with the web chat ....

there must be someone at talk talk who wants to fix this? someone you can escalate the issue to?

we have an open complaint and ben has had some dealings but they just want to resolve the complaint by putting us in touch with tech support but tech support cant fix the issue ... could you please include in your next reply and telephone number that will take us direct to your case management / complaints department please

0 Likes

Message 27 of 85
0 Likes

Message 28 of 85

any update? 23 days !

0 Likes

Message 29 of 85

Thanks for the information. At our end it appears to be an authentication issue, which we are trying to sort out but it seems to be proving harder to resolve than we first thought

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 85

An update from this end is ...

The eero/grandstream was provided as an alternative to the sagemcom 5464, but this didn't resolve the issue.

City Fibre have been out and have disconnected the line and supplied a new ONT, they are due again today to activate that as the service light is currently out, something they said they could only do on a weekday.

Despite the above they have suggested that their actions won't resolve the issue and the issue is still Talk Talk's but they was happy to try.

Although from your end you consider the issue not resolved, what is it exactly that your looking into?

We have had many conversations with Order Management and Case Management (Complaints) who have confirmed that everything that needs to be activated is activated and you have confirmed that the account is setup correct to work with an eero.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 85

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, we're still looking into this, I'll let you know as soon as I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 85

the engineer we talked to today for 2 hours somehow managed to remotely setup our wifi and got the white lite on the eero to go solid for a short while but then it went red again ... he has now called city fibre out ... but if there is a problem with the ONT how did he get to the eero to remotely set it up ? we had to give him the serial number

0 Likes

Message 33 of 85

This doesn't appear to be a tagging issue. I did try changing the tag previously but it made no difference and the current tag is the one that works with eero

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 85

reading some of your previous posts about tagged and untagged accounts etc , is the account in this instance setup for an erro? as i know some of the tech people we have spoke to have talk about changing tags

0 Likes

Message 35 of 85

OK, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 85

the eero has just arrived and we have tried the setup with exactly the same issue

0 Likes

Message 37 of 85

Sorry, yes. We've passed it back to further investigation as the fix that was applied clearly hasn't fixed the problem. I'm sorry this taking so long to resolve. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 85

are you still waiting for updates?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 85

OK, thanks for trying. Leave it with me an I'll get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 85

No change 

0 Likes