cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero showing no external/WAN IP

SteveKnight-SW
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Hi, on Wednesday 15th November CityFibre installed a modem and eero 6 for Full Fibre 150. When doing the setup on the eero app, it fails at connecting to the internet, showing an issue where there is no external IP address. We have tested using an Ethernet cable straight from the modem to an Xbox and there is still no connection - stating it cannot connect to DHCP server. Restarted eero and modem multiple times with no luck. I have seen this problem solved for others by having their profile changed from ADSL to Fibre. Could someone take a look at this please?

Thanks,

Kath

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm really sorry that it has taken this long to get here but I'm glad to hear that you're now able to connect and that the speeds are also looking ok. We're here if anything else pops up or you have any other questions.

Thanks again for your patience and have a lovely day.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Hi Michelle,

Yes it is all working fine now with the full 150mbps as promised! Thanks for all your help on this over the last few weeks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi again,

My colleague has just contacted me to advise that everything is now working ok so I'm just checking back in to make sure that your connection is now working.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Hi Steve,

Just an update on this. I've escalated this and my manager has also escalated and they have just replied to say that they will be calling you in the next 10-15 minutes. I'll check back in with you around 11am to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi Steve,

I'm so sorry. I'm really embarassed and also annoyed that you haven't been contacted. I specifically contacted our team twice to make sure that this would happen and I will be feeding this back and have asked that they contact you ASAP this morning. 

I did receive a message from the team after I left yesterday that an engineer visit was previously arranged but the engineer didn't attend as they believed that they resolved a configuration issue on there side. The update also advises that one of my colleague has made a change from our side yesterday afternoon and has asked if you could try a 20 minute power down of the ONT and retest today before they make contact.

Again I am so sorry that you weren't contacted and I will continue to chase this until this is resolved.

Michelle

Message 6 of 29

Just to report that NO contact was made again today, despite assurances this would happen. Very disappointing and we’re now at the point of considering cancelling….we feel we’ve been very patient in this issue but stretching it too far now. The hardware and system being ‘live’ has been in place for 2 weeks now. Can’t understand it?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi again,

Great, thank you. I passed this over earlier this morning so the team should be making contact this morning.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 29

Yes please

Message 9 of 29

Hi Steve,

I will do, can I just double check as there are 2 mobile numbers in your profile, do you mean the one in the alternative phone number section?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 10 of 29

this morning between 9am and 12 noon on the alternate number please

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi Steve,

When would be the best time to call you today and I will let the team know ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

A voice message was left yesterday, wanting to arrange a site visit and said they would call back to arrange, but they never did. Please use the alternative phone number in the profile as the main contact number for this issue.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi,

Can I just confirm, did you receive a call from our Faults Escalation Team yesterday?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29
This issue seems to be dragging on and we’ve had no communication or apparent progress in a week now. Is there a clear understanding of the fault and what is required to resolve it please.  The dedicated engineer has not made contact in a week so from our perspective it looks like nothing is being done to get us online.

I assume I’m not getting charged currently but if there is no immenent resolution I will be looking at cancelling this new contract. I note my contract has an end date which is inaccurate, as I haven’t had a start date of service yet!
0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I've asked the team to provide an update on this ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi Michelle.

Still not connected up. Any updates over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Morning,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'll continue to chase our Faults Escalation team and I'm hoping to receive an update on this at some point this morning/today.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your help on this. When trying to run a connection test from ‘My Account’ it states:

“Your property has two lines supplying your connection, a copper line and a fibre line” and “A member of our support team should be in touch over the next couple of months to remove your copper line and transition you to a Full Fibre connection.”

Could this be a potential reason for the connection issues? If it will take a “couple of months” to sort out we may be forced to change providers.

I’ve also seen this issue caused by “code mismatches” and incorrect modem serial numbers (although I can see no serial on the black wall box that was installed - the eero 6 serial is in my ‘Private Notes’), if that might be any help

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I previously checked the profile and everything looked correct to me. I've just contacted the team again and chased for an update on this. I will let you know as soon as they respond to me.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 20 of 29

Hi Michelle

No engineer has been round today. Could you please confirm if the account is set up for Fibre rather than ADSL as I have seen this for other people with this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes