cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Helping neighbour

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 85 of 85

You have upgraded my neighbours connection to full fibre and left them without a working connection could you please advise who to contact 

it is now full fibre with a 5464 router which gets stuck on a static orange light 

city fibre have now been twice and confirmed it’s all working from their end 

ideas ? Suggestions ?

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 61 of 85

Thank you, I think they are hoping for a result today after they got their hopes up when the router arrived yesterday .. almost two weeks offline ... are you expecting this to be resolved today?

0 Likes

Message 62 of 85

No further updates at the moment, I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 63 of 85

Hi sandyback,

Glad to hear that the router has been received. Sorry, there are no further updates yet, I'll check again tomorrow and let you know how I get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 64 of 85

Quick update, they received a new 5464 router in the post today ( i think this was as a result of a call we made to support on the 31st and it's just turned up) ... so to show willing I've just tried it and we get the same result a solid orange light .... we are currently just repeating the test with turning them both off for 30 mins ... but from what you have said with it being an authentication issue we know what the result will be ... any updates from your end?

0 Likes

Message 65 of 85

Hi sandyback,

It should just start working, but I'll keep an eye on it and update the thread when there's any more information 

Chris

Message 66 of 85

also how would they hear anything? they don't have internet or a phone 

0 Likes

Message 67 of 85

is it not possible to escalate it and resolve it quicker than that, taking into account this was installed on the 30th of october and hasn't worked yet

0 Likes

Message 68 of 85

Yes, it appears to be an authentications problem. It's been raised to the relevant team to be fixed. It can take 3-5 days so if you don't hear anything before Friday can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 69 of 85

any update?

0 Likes

Message 70 of 85

Thanks, a colleague is just looking into this now, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Message 71 of 85

all done and back to exactly where we started with the orange light

screenshots below from the device info screen

john1.pngjohn2.pngjohn3.pngjohn4.png

0 Likes

Message 72 of 85
0 Likes

Message 73 of 85

no i will try that now and get back to you with the result, might be longer than 30 mins before i come back to you as he is out at the moment but due back soon

0 Likes

Message 74 of 85

Thanks. Have you tried switching the ONT and router off for 30 minutes since you spoke to Dexter last night? If not then can you try this and let me know if it resolves the issue

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 75 of 85

All four lights, the ethernet one (on the right) flashes with activity when the router is first started and the light is flashing orange and white but then when the router gives up and goes static orange then it just remains on ... we have had two visits from city fibre following some of the phone calls i made to you guys for my neighbour at the start of last week after the install and they have assured us there is no issue with their bit

0 Likes

Message 76 of 85

OK thanks, could you tell me which lights are on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 77 of 85

once the internet is working we are hoping their phone number automatically comes back as they have currently lost this and it's causing them alot of stress

0 Likes

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 78 of 85

My last chat was with Dexter on webchat last night who I thought was ordering my neighbour a eero rather than the 5464 but instead said he had found an error on the account and everything would now be ok

i restarted the router as instructed which didn't work

i also did the 20 minute thing 

and we also did another reset as we have been told so many times to do this already we figured it was worth a try

but we are still back where we started , an orange light on the router

when on the web interface for the router it says its connected but doesn't get a WAN address 

0 Likes

Message 79 of 85

OK thanks, it wasn't showing for some reason but is now. I'll take a look at it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 80 of 85

I have already added those details.

0 Likes