cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Helping neighbour

sandyback
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 85 of 85

You have upgraded my neighbours connection to full fibre and left them without a working connection could you please advise who to contact 

it is now full fibre with a 5464 router which gets stuck on a static orange light 

city fibre have now been twice and confirmed it’s all working from their end 

ideas ? Suggestions ?

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 81 of 85

Hi sandyback,

Unfortunately we can only provide limited support as you're not the account holder. Could you add the account number and customers name to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 82 of 85

They are an elderly couple with little understanding of any of this.  They dont have a smart phone or any other device.

I have put their account number on this profile.

We have called about five times now and I have spent hours on the phone to no avail.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours on the chat again to no avail.

It looks like their 5464 isn't getting a WAN address despite being connected ... I have no idea what these settings should be so have nothing to compare them to.

They have now been offline and without a phone for over a week following this upgrade to full fibre which they was told to have but didn't want or need.  Is there any other information I can get to try and help them?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 83 of 85

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please could you ask your neighbour to post here and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 84 of 85

If they have sufficient mobile data, ask them to sign up on the community and post in this thread, as it will be far better if staff can deal with your friends' issue directly  - usually better than phoning in or using Chat, but they should have notified Talktalk directly about the problem too.

For forum staff to look into an issue, Community Forum Profile Details must be completed.

Their landline number needs to be added in Personal Information.

They must go via their avatar/name and then settings.

SAVE CHANGES after completing the information.

They should notify Talktalk directly by one of the following means detailed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Please show them this link too:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Forum staff reply during the day (Monday to Friday), @sandyback.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes