cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Horrendous Customer Service

samakers
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I originally placed an order to upgrade from Copper lines to Full Fibre 900 due to having frequent and extended internet dropouts and issues. Openreach have been out and confirmed this was not due to anything internal within my home and is due to 'outside factors'. Due to the frequent dropouts and issues TalkTalk compensated me a small amount. Fine. Will deal with that and wait for the fibre order which will hopefully improve things.

Then ,to my surprise, no one turned up for the fibre appointment due to a miscommunication between talktalk and City Fibre (Talk Talk admitted they should of informed me no one was coming out), there was some further miscommunication and general uncertainty around being able to fulfil this order from speaking further with TalkTalk, so I decided to to cancel the full fibre order and move to a different provider.  Before I carried this out fully, TalkTalk phoned me to offer a deal to stay, and re-arrange the full fibre offer so I did (stupidly now I look back).

After speaking with an advisor, I was assured that the transition would be seamless and I would have no extended downtime due to working from home. Unfortunately I have now been without internet for 3 days, and will be until Wednesday (so a full 9 days outage) until next week until the order is fulfilled.

I have had to purchase recurring data packages from EE so I can continue to work (which only last a few days). I have sat for 4 hours today being passed about different teams at TalkTalk where everyone is refusing to assist (even though they have admitted fault by cutting off my internet too early). I suggested sending out a dongle/hotspot which they would pay for until my internet is back online, or match what I am paying for my data addons, but they keep offering me HALF, even though it is their fault.

Multiple advisors have refused my request to speak to the Complaints team (WTF?), even though one contacted me earlier in the day to discuss this (but the call dropped out unfortunately, that is not their problem). They are also giving me conflicting information saying - fibre 900 isn't' available in your area you will get 500, another one said they can't even see the order, and another said I AM getting fibre 900!?!? so what is it!!!!!

They can't even re-activate the copper line as I'd have to place another order which would take longer than the full fibre order.

They are offering measly compensation compared to what I will be paying until my internet order is fulfilled, and I'm not convinced anyone will even turn up on Wednesday next week. I have zero confidence I will actually have internet back up and running by then. 

I have no idea what to do. At this point I am considering placing a separate order with another company again, but this will delay things even further so I am stuck!

If anyone from the complaints department is actually able to phone me - please do so (complaint CMP-588023)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Sam,

I'd give it a bit longer as it's not even showing live yet on our systems. If there's no improvement in speed today can you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Chris

TalkTalk have provided me with a refund in this case.

Can I raise a seperate matter with yourself? I have just got Fibre 900 set up today. Unfortunately I am getting worse speeds than I was with the copper line setup. I am only getting the below speeds which is way off what I am paying for. I am unable to connect to livechat as the button simply does not work. 

samakers_0-1705493082456.png

0 Likes

UITA23!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

"Then ,to my surprise, no one turned up for the fibre appointment"

But if you missed the appointment, they'd charge you £75! Seems like I'm going through a similar issue, it's never their fault, line from exchange OK, router their end OK, keeping you on the phone whilst they go through their script for over an hour OK! It never used to be this bad...for me that is.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi samakers,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Can you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes