cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How to solve problem of eero 6 not reaching all of house

cats6
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Due to the house being old the full fibre connection and eero6 are in the front bedroom but the best speaker in my kitchen cannot connect, how do I solve this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thank you

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

You should use an extra Eero of the same model to form a mesh network, that is how Eeros are supposed to work anyway. I am simply trying to save you some money.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

cats6
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Sorry that's too much tech for me! The router and fibre input is in the bedroom at the front of the house  and the speaker is in the kitchen at the back. Do I need another router downstairs and if so would it be another eero 6? There is no fibre port downstairs.

0 Likes

cats6
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Sorry that's too much tech for me! The router and fibre input is in the bedroom at the front of the house  and the speaker is in the kitchen at the back. Do I need another router downstairs and if so would it be another eero 6? There is no fibre port downstairs.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes