cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Just got connect on 150 and looking to go back to virgin already

wr_uk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

wow what a mess.

Was sold a 18 contract for 150 full fiber guaranteed minumum  of 120  throughout the property and the first 3 months free (only offered this as I was in the cooling period with signing a new contract with virgin)

So received the 1 x eero 6 a couple of days ago. Engineer connect up earlier today. Speeds very good around 139.3 down 113.5 up but they do slightly fluctuate.

Couple of rooms in the house are not very good the lowest being recorder below 7mbps.

They are telling me they not sure which contract ive been signed up on as the 3 months free are for different contracts. I've have never received an account number from talk talk. 

Had the 3 months free confirmed over the live chat as it did not specify what the sales team said what I signed up in the contract.

Don't really have time to be sat around for hours speaking to live chat going over the same info. 

Been connect for just 4 hours. The communication between departments is shocking. Was told by one representative I could upgrade my package for better speeds & coverage.

Not a good experience.

Is there a phone number I can call and speak to somebody in the UK to try a get this mess sorted before I throw in the towel and jump back to virgin?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi wr_uk,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving. If you'd like to discuss leaving you would need to speak to our Loyalty Team, contact details can be found here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

If there is anything else we can help with please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

wr_uk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

I'm done! I want to cancel my account with immediate effect.

Painful experience. Tried twice yesterday speaking  to a talk talk rep (overseas call center) trying to get my account number ... Called the number this morning again overseas call center could really help me using the live chat  this morning repeating the info going round in circles. Not helpful at all while I'm trying to work.

I dont have time for this .

Can talk talk staff member on here contact me to please cancel my account

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi wr_uk,

The 14 day cooling off period starts on the go live date

If you have any queries about your bill could you raise them in the billing and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Just tested this morning, on phone and tablet, good speed close the the router. Living room was about 60.3 down 30.8 up, Playstation is around 38 down 20 up.

Conservatory was 0.48 down and 9.47 up and I'm lucky to get a connection in the out building.

Tech support sync'd the line last night I will see how it is over the next couple of days. Where do I stand if this doesn't solve the speed and coverage can anything else be done? Is the 14 days cooling period from the date of the connection which was yesterday?

Also, the the 3 months free I was told I would received if I switched wasnt on the contract I the was emailed and I get different explanations the 4-5 times I spoke with talk talk. 

The sales 'hooks' ... 150 FTTP, 3 months free, minimum guaranteed speed of 120mbs with coverage throughout the property are the reasons why I switched if these can't be fulfilled Im quite happy to move back to virgin who have already offered an upgrade and huge discount to stay with them.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi wr_uk

Apologies for the delay.

"Had a bit of help from tech support to sync the lien to try and stabalize it. Should know in a few days if that makes much difference"

Are our Faults Team currently looking into this for you?

0 Likes

wr_uk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Had a bit of help from tech support to sync the lien to try and stabalize it. Should know in a few days if that makes much difference.

Im ot sure where to find the ONT number

Any help to increase the speed and coverage is much appreciated

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate the contract details for you. This team is based & does not work to scripts. As far as the range of the Eero is concerned, if you want help, I can offer a lot to improve things.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?