cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Moving home from superfast fibre to normal 65

Redandwhite111
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I'm moving home from a superfast fibre area to a 'normal' 65 speed area. My question is that I've submitted the home move online but I don't know if my current eero router will work and if I need to take it with me to simply 'plug and play' or if I will be supplied with a new router? I haven't been told anything as it was all online and have just been given a connection date 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

HI Redandwhite111

You will be issued with a wifi hub by the homemove team as the service is not like for like.

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

As @KeithFrench has mentioned the Eero requires a modem or ONT to connect to the internet as it does not have a modem built in. You should be able to request the original VDSL TT Router for the Fibre65 connection. Alternatively I bought a secondhand Huawei modem from eBay for £10, plug and go as TT use DHCP on the WAN connection, then connect your Eero to the Huawei LAN port. I don't have Eero but a Unfi UDM which worked perfectly well with the Huawei until I got upgraded to Full Fibre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Assuming that the new address has only fibre to the cabinet & the last leg is copper, you would need a router with an inbuilt modem. I do not think that the Eero has a broadband socket on it & therefore does not have a VDSL modem built into it. You would probably need something like a WiFi Hub. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes