cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Netflix not working on any devices

bubbles86
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

I am long term TalkTalk customer and subscriber of Netflix separately.

Since Monday 12/Jun/2023 Netix doesn't work while I'm using TalkTalk Fibre Broadband.

I have multiple devices who use the same Netflix account. 

If we're on WiFi using - Netflix video keeps buffering (I am able to login)

However if we get off WiFi and use mobile data (such as Vodafone) then Netflix video plays as it should.

My guess would be since Netflix doesn't know all the TalkTalk IP addresses knowing they're cracking on accout sharing - it's TalkTalks issue to resolve directly with Netflix and ensure all their IP addresses are listed.

If there is a workout for the time being please let me know.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

OK, thanks for trying that. Could you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

bubbles86
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi

I've just tested Amazon Prime and it works fine. 

Netflix is the main pronlem across all the devices in my home.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK thanks. Do you use any other streaming services and if so do they work OK?

Chris

0 Likes

bubbles86
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi Chris

I can confirm same issue is there both on WiFi and Ethernet connection to PC.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi bubbles86,

Do you have the same issue on more than one device? Are you able to test on a device connected to the router by Ethernet cable

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Just to also clarify....our accou is not blocked as we are still able to watch videos using mobile data.

0 Likes

bubbles86
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Karl

Thank you for responding back so quickly.

The video appears to be buffering because of the circle loading icon.  I am able to use my Netflix account on mobile data just not on TalksTalks WiFi.

All our devices are registered with Netflix hence why videos work on mobile data.

We have contacted Netflix who advised it's an ISP issue as they cannot tell if the IP address is an international or UK or dedicated IP to the Netflix account holder and advised to contact yourselves.

I'm very technical so I very much understand the dynamics of networks.

Please kindly escalate this case with senior ICT team who I'm sure will be able to identify what is happening across all of the TalkTalk users who use Netflix.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

If netflix blocks an account for any reason, this would not cause buffering to the devices, so you could have an issue with wifi, are you able to test from a device wired ?  

Netflix will usually ask you to verify your account by sending a 4 digit code to the account holder.  They may use a combination of IP addresses, device ID's or locations to block an account from password sharing.

If you believe that a device has been wrongly blocked by Netflic, then you will need to contact Netflix directly to resolve such an issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes