cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Told I need two eero devices for full fibre 900?

Djmcf
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I've been told I need two eero devices to mesh and give me my full fibre 900? This doesn't sound right to me as I thought the mesh was only for wireless signal? Why would I only get 220mbps down and 800 mbps up over Ethernet cat8 on a single eero 6 pro? Surely it's just a gateway to the full fibre? How could that be solved with mesh?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Message 2 of 16

Perfect, thank you so much Chris for the help it's greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 16

I've ordered the router eero, it should be with you within 5 working days.

Chris

Message 4 of 16

That would be great thanks Chris, seems like the natural next step in troubleshooting.

Message 5 of 16

OK, I can send another eero out to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

I am indeed, every device I have tried with all my different cable combinations has failed to get higher than 220-250. Some are far lower than that, I'm seeing download speeds as low as 150-40. 

If I get to within 2m with line of site of Eero I can connect on wireless and I'm seeing 110 down with again 700 up.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

OK thanks, speeds at the eero look fine. Are you experiencing slow Ethernet speeds on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

That should be all done now thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Djmcf,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 16

Who told you that you need 2 Eero units  ?

Ok. I have 500 full fibre and i get that at the first eero. More so using ethernet, and also with a very good capable wifi dongle connected to usb 3.x

The 900 package does come with 2  Eero and gives great coverage. But i find that one (1), will do the job . So i would say that on 900 meg fibre, that one Eero is enough and will work.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi there thanks for replying 

I get 9.3 Mbps down and 8.5 mbps up when connected directly to the ONT no matter which ethernet cable I use (all of them CAT 😎 

When the Eero 6 pro is connected it and I check the speeds through the app while staying within 2m so I can actually connect it says I'm getting 900ish up and down. But like I say I'm only getting 220 down but 900 up when wired into the Eero.

Anytime they've done a line test it's come back ok apparently.  But I've been lied to ignored or fobbed off so many times by now I can't believe them for a second

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. What speeds are you seeing if you connect directly at the ONT with the eero removed and run a wired speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Yeah I thought so, it was installed on 3rd of may and I called straight away after set up to say my wireless range was only about 2m even with line of sight. Never mind the ethernet speeds. Long story short I think this router is faulty but after numerous calls and 6 weeks this is where I'm being sent basically an extender.

0 Likes

NoitchNige
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

My Eero 6 pro works fine  @900 mbps  now the cable to the house been replaced . I'm not sure why you have been given that info?

When it's working it's fast.

Good luck

0 Likes

Djmcf
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Also I'm on ethernet because my eero 6 pro has a WiFi range of 2m

0 Likes