cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Fibre - Replacing Eero router

Chris3210
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I signed up for a new fibre service and was sent an Eero router. It only has 2 ethernet ports, and from what I can see one will be taken up by the digital phone adapter and the other the ONT.

Is there any way of swapping this router out for something that has a digital phone port incorporated into the router (like others do), and some extra ethernet ports?  I require 2 spare ports for my own networks.  Furthermore, I really don't like having so many boxes plugged in (ONT, ROUTER, DV etc) when it can all be incorporated into one.  I don't want to have to go out and purchase extra equipment to give me the ethernet ports I had before either.

I don't doubt the Eero might be a good router but i'd rather have an all in one device - can you advise please?

Since the Openreach/Kelly engineer decided not to show up to my appointment, I now have another month to sort this out, but I am considering going with another provider..

4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Hi @Chris3210 

Just make sure that it is a Gigabit switch. This is not a recommendation, but an example:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-LS1005G-Wallmount-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07VWB347G/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2... 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 5

Hi

A four port switch is quite cheap these days, and would connect to one of the ethernet ports of the EERO so that other devices can connect.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chris3210
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Karl, so there is no option via TalkTalk to now swap with another device?  I should have done more research but I really wasn't expecting to fill a whole table full of devices for this.

If I did get a switch, would the uplink come from the ONT?  or does the uplink come from the Eero and then plug the DV into the switch?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

With a package that specifically has an EERO supplied, our system does not have the option to send a different router, this option is not shown, so we only have the option to order or replace an EERO like for like.

A switch can be used to give more ports when connected to the eero.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.