cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Future Fibre65VOIP service but VOIP does not work

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 96 of 96

CityFibre installed and activated my new (Future) Fibre65VOIP service today but left without ensuring that the Digital Voice service was working.   On contacting TalkTalk Technical Support I was told that the Digital Voice service needed to be set up and that it could take a week for that to happen!  

So, at the moment, when my Gigaset DECT cordless phone is plugged into the Phone socket of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 router the phone line is dead.   The phone line is still working however when plugged into the Master Socket of the old copper line. 

The Internet appears to be working fine with 4 green lights on the CityFibre ONT and white light on the Wi-Fi Hub 2 Router, although on Day 1, upload speed is about twice as fast as download speed. 

Can something please be done to expedite the activation of the Digital Voice service?   Thanks. 

95 REPLIES 95

Message 61 of 96

Thanks for the update, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 62 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

A call received from TT Technical Support has confirmed that a "TalkTalk Engineer" has been booked to visit my property on 10 Feb from 3 to 6 pm. 

The Technical Support guy who confirmed this is called Chris (based in Philipines) and the Case Reference he quoted is 12486501

0 Likes

Message 63 of 96

OK. I'll ask our Future Fibre team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I have just reconnected my landline phone to the Copper Master Socket and it is now dead for outgoing calls but does currently receive incoming calls. 

0 Likes

Message 65 of 96

OK thanks, could you just leave this with me for a second and I'll get back to you

0 Likes

Message 66 of 96

Yes @Chris-TalkTalk  I was 100% told and assured that I would get digital voice (VOIP).   I asked the question numerous times to members of your Loyalty Team and your Future Fibre team and without exception was assured that I would be on a VOIP package.  The new contract I received also specifically stated an 18 month Fibre65VOIP package. 

0 Likes

Message 67 of 96

Hi ml2000,

Could I just ask, were you definitely told that you would get digital voice (VoIP), rather than copper leave behind (which uses your existing copper line for voice)?

Chris

0 Likes

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 68 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   Just to mention that My Account has not yet been updated with my new package details and is still showing an end of contract date in June '23.    I have actually taken out a new 18 month contract for the Full Fibre package. 

0 Likes

Message 69 of 96

Yes correct @Chris-TalkTalk   Digital Voice still is not working.

0 Likes

Message 70 of 96

I take it your digital voice service still isn't working?

0 Likes

Message 71 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   yes internet connection is back. 

0 Likes

Message 72 of 96

Is your Internet connection back now?

0 Likes

Message 73 of 96

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk , I will await your further instructions.

0 Likes

Message 74 of 96

It's switched back now so you should get your internet connection back soon

0 Likes

Message 75 of 96

OK thanks, I'll switch it back

0 Likes

Message 76 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Since that change the Internet connection no longer works ie. no web sites reachable. 

0 Likes

Message 77 of 96
0 Likes

Message 78 of 96

OK, I'll make the change now. If you lose your Internet connection just let me know and I'll change it back. The change should take effect within about an hour but can take longer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 79 of 96

Yes @Chris-TalkTalk I will still be able to post if that's the case.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 80 of 96

OK, if the change I make causes a problem with your Internet connection will you still be able to post to let me know?

Chris

0 Likes