cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Future Fibre65VOIP service but VOIP does not work

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 96 of 96

CityFibre installed and activated my new (Future) Fibre65VOIP service today but left without ensuring that the Digital Voice service was working.   On contacting TalkTalk Technical Support I was told that the Digital Voice service needed to be set up and that it could take a week for that to happen!  

So, at the moment, when my Gigaset DECT cordless phone is plugged into the Phone socket of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 router the phone line is dead.   The phone line is still working however when plugged into the Master Socket of the old copper line. 

The Internet appears to be working fine with 4 green lights on the CityFibre ONT and white light on the Wi-Fi Hub 2 Router, although on Day 1, upload speed is about twice as fast as download speed. 

Can something please be done to expedite the activation of the Digital Voice service?   Thanks. 

95 REPLIES 95

Message 21 of 96

Hi ml2000

1 The naming of the package wont cause any problems at the end of the contract

2 The 2 open faults are for the voice faults that where logged in early Feb.  I will request these to be closed down ASAP. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 22 of 96

A couple of unanswered questions..

1. I notice that my package in My Account is still showing as Fibre65VOIP despite VOIP not being available.  Is this ok or am I likely to hit more issues further into or at the end of my contract?  
  2. There are 2 active fault reports currently indicated in My Account, REP-12486501 and REP-12475817.  Can I ask what specific faults are being investigated? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 96

Thank you @Arne-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 96

Hi ml2000

I can see that a credit has been raised to have the engineer reversed. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 96

Hi OCE's -  I just took a look at my latest bill and there is a £50 charge on there for a TalkTalk Engineer visit.   The visit was not requested by me but was recommended by your Tech Support person in response to my not receiving the VOIP service which was contractually promised to me.   Having subsequently been informed by you that I would not be getting VOIP, I questioned the need for the visit with another Future Fibre Support person and he said let the visit go ahead so that the engineer can double check everything at my end and to see  if they're able to make VOIP work.  I was not forwarned of any charges and in the circumstances I would ask you please to remove / credit me for that charge.   Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 96

Message 28 of 96

That's a great relief.  Thank you @Chris-TalkTalk for your help. 

Message 29 of 96

Hi ml2000,

Just a quick update, I've checked with an Openreach desk agent and they've confirmed that the copper/voice cease order has been cancelled. The system hasn't updated yet to reflect this but it should do in the next couple of days

Chris

Message 30 of 96

I understand, I'll check with Openreach again when their lines open

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 96

Thanks again @Chris-TalkTalk   I can't stress enough that it is absolutely critical for me that my landline and more importantly my landline number is maintained. 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 96

I checked later yesterday but the cease order still wasn't showing as cancelled so I'll contact Openreach again and confirm that it has definitely in the process of being cancelled

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk do you have any news for me?  Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 96

OK, I'll get back to you later today with an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 96

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk  yes, would be good to know answers to these two questions and hopefully have my mind put at rest. 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 96

Hi ml2000,

Once the cease has been cancelled it will be classed a copper leave behind, I'm still waiting for confirmation that the cease order has been cancelled, this should happen later today or tomorrow, if not the I'll chase it up with Openreach

It still showing as VoIP shouldn't cause any problems but I'll look into this once the cease has definitely been cancelled

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 96

Staff will be back after the weekend, @ml2000. Sorry that this will delay you clarifying the above.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 38 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

I had a chat conversation with Complaints Manager Vince on 10/02/23.  A couple of questions have arisen following that conversation: 

1. Can you please confirm that my landline service now is technically classed as Copper Leave-Behind and that therefore my landline service and number will be maintained parallel to my Full Fibre service for the duration on my new 18 month contract?
  2. I notice that my package in My Account is still showing as Fibre65VOIP despite VOIP not being available.  Is this ok or am I likely to hit more issues further into or at the end of my contract?  

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 96

Hi ml2000,

If you want to upgrade I'd discuss this with our sales team

Upgrading shouldn't have any impact on your landline number 

You should have the option to switch to VoIP before losing the copper service 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   

1. If I choose to, am I now able to upgrade from Full Fibre 65 to *all* the faster TT speed options?  
  2. If I upgrade to a faster TT speed option, will that have any impact on my landline service and my landline number?
  3. What happens to my landline and my landline number when Copper circuits are withdrawn in 2025? 

Thanks

0 Likes