cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Future Fibre65VOIP service but VOIP does not work

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 96 of 96

CityFibre installed and activated my new (Future) Fibre65VOIP service today but left without ensuring that the Digital Voice service was working.   On contacting TalkTalk Technical Support I was told that the Digital Voice service needed to be set up and that it could take a week for that to happen!  

So, at the moment, when my Gigaset DECT cordless phone is plugged into the Phone socket of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 router the phone line is dead.   The phone line is still working however when plugged into the Master Socket of the old copper line. 

The Internet appears to be working fine with 4 green lights on the CityFibre ONT and white light on the Wi-Fi Hub 2 Router, although on Day 1, upload speed is about twice as fast as download speed. 

Can something please be done to expedite the activation of the Digital Voice service?   Thanks. 

95 REPLIES 95

Message 1 of 96

Hi ml2000,

Thanks for the update. It's OK, I don't need the reference number.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Just to advise you that my case is now being dealt with by a TalkTalk CEO Case Manager.  Please let me know if you need the case reference number.  Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 96
0 Likes

Message 4 of 96

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I've passed this to our provisioning team to see if there's anything that we can do to get the service back and your number. I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

Message 6 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk .    I am shocked at the potential loss of my longstanding and cherished telephone number and also now into Day 3 of having no landline telephone service, both these through no fault of my own.  I am anxiously awaiting your response.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 96

I've just spoken with an Openreach desk agent, they've confirmed that the service has been ceased even though they assured me in February that the cease had been cancelled. They say they can't do anything to reinstate the service so I'll see what we can do from our end. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 96

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk , I would appreciate that. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 96

OK, thanks for trying that, I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 96

Ok @Chris-TalkTalk , I am at home and have carried out everything as I detailed in my last post to you and the VOIP service still does not work.   Attempts at making outgoing calls fail as there is no dial tone.  Incoming callers get this message 'The number you have dialled is currently not receiving incoming calls, please try again later'.    I guess it's over to you, thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 96
0 Likes

Message 12 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk  and thanks.   You say my telephone service has been ceased and the fibre service is still showing no VOIP.  That state of 'limbo' is very concerning to me.  Not having been informed of any change to my service, I'm now naturally concerned that TalkTalk do not lose my treasured and very longstanding landline phone number.   

Later today I will connect my landline phone to the phone socket on back of my Router.  I will then power-off my ONT and my Router for 30 minutes,  then will power-on my ONT, after two minutes will power-on my Router and again after a couple of minutes will attempt to make an outbound call.   Will report back here with an update.   

0 Likes

Message 13 of 96

Thanks for that. I've taken a look at the account and the telephone service has been ceased. The city fibre circuit is still showing no VoIP but this probably would take a while to update anyway. Could you check tonight as requested and if there's no VoIP let me know and I'll look into it

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 96

Ok thanks @Chris-TalkTalk , have confirmed those details. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 96

Hi OCE's

You'll recall that I ordered a Fibre 65 VOIP service earlier this year and was informed after the CityFibre line was installed that VOIP was not available and that I would therefore need to keep my Copper line for landline use.    For the last 48 hours my 'Copper Leave-Behind' landline has not been working both for outgoing and incoming calls.  Any incoming calls receive the message 'The number you have dialled is currently not receiving incoming calls'.  

On contacting TT Tech Support to report the loss of landline service this morning, I was informed that the VOIP service should now be working via the CityFibre line.  They have asked me to connect my telephone into the phone socket at the back of my Router.    I will not be able to do this until later this evening.  In case you pick this up today, can you please confirm that what I have been informed of by Tech Support is correct and that I am finally able to use the VOIP service that I originally ordered and that my landline number will remain the same.  Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 96

Hi ml2000

The is no update on the boost discount, as far as I can see credits where applied 18 Jan & 10th Feb, you should be able to see these on your bills in My Account. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 96

Hi OCE's, is there any answer or update yet on the accounts fault affecting My Account please?    It's still showing my monthly UK Calls Boost charge as £8 instead of the £5 amount I was promised as part-compensation for the non-delivery of the contractually promised VOIP service.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 96

Hi ml2000

There is a fault on the account which is stopping us adding the discount that was promised, so I have logged it as a fault and will escalate this. 

Apologies 

Message 20 of 96

As compensation from TalkTalk for the non-delivery of VOIP service despite this being contractually promised,  I was awarded with one free month credit of £35  (which has been credited) and was also promised that my UK Calls Boost monthly charge would be reduced from £8 to £5, however this reduction has not been reflected in My Account.    The compensation was awarded by Complaints Manager Vince in a Chat session (transcript held) on 10/02/23.    Can this change please be activated and backdated to have effect from the start of my Full Fibre contract?  Thank you.