cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New full fibre installation - no internet

ODPaterson
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 47

I’ve had an engineer appointment to install the fibre connection at the house I’ve just moved into and it hasn’t worked, with the eero app simply saying the internet can’t be reached with a failure on WAN IP. The installation happened yesterday and I’ve been using my phone data for work in the meantime but that’s running out and entirely unstable for calls so I’m at a real risk of losing earnings in the immediate future.

I’ve gone through the 80 minute process of line testing and diagnostics over the phone, with the operator assuring me I would be ‘auto compensated’ and would be given £10 free BT wifi credit. This has not happened and I have had no emails after the call. The conclusion he arrived at was that a new eero 6 router would solve the problem, however having just tried my old router - it seems something else is the cause. 

It’s also worth mentioning that having logged into my account to check my services there is zero mention of Fibre 150 anywhere, just my previous cancelled service. Have TalkTalk simply forgotten to actually start my service? 

This is getting kind of urgent now: I have a huge deadline for client work on Friday, very little data left on my phone and the risk that as a result I’m going to be deeply out of pocket as a result of this bungled installation. A cursory glance across the forum suggests this has happened to a lot of other people and I’m tempted to cut my losses and move to another provider.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 21 of 47

Thanks for trying that. Yes, I'm not really sure what is going on here, I'm going to pass it over to our provisioning team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 47

I’m starting to suspect that TalkTalk have simply not progressed or somehow lost my order:

- All line tests and hardware status lights are fine.

- TalkTalk team having trouble locating my order.

- No mention of my order anywhere on my account.

- This post elsewhere on the forums showing another customer received far more communication than I have about their order of the same product 

IMG_9109.jpeg

the above including comms about a direct debit and go-live date - none of which I have received.

 Is it not now a reasonable assumption that my order has simply not been completed, or in fact deleted? I have completed all the tests asked of me and I’m a fairly competent and tech-savvy person. I just can see any other explanation at this point.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 47

Hi Chris, apologies for the delay - I had a meeting.

I can confirm that after 30 minutes powered off, it’s still not working unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 47
0 Likes

Message 25 of 47

Hey Chris,

I’ve appended my old address to the private note.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 47

OK thanks

I've found an order but not sure that it's yours, could you add the postcode for your old address to the private notes field too please

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 47

Done - I’ll report back around 2pm.

in the meantime, is there any sign of my order number? I’m concerned this is happening because my order has been lost or not completed properly.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 47

Thanks. Could you switch the ONT and eero off for 30 minutes then switch back on. Please let me know if it then connects

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 47

It’s a white one

0 Likes

Message 30 of 47

Here’s a photo

IMG_9108.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 31 of 47

Thanks, is the ONT black or white?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 47

Sure! From left to right:
1st light - steady green

2nd light - off

3rd light - steady green

4th light - steady green

0 Likes

Message 33 of 47

OK thanks. Could you tell me which lights are on, on the ONT

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 47

Hi Chris,

No that’s the only order number I have - it’s from the first and only email I’ve received which mentioned my order, just after I initiated a house move over the phone. The email is entitled “Welcome to Full Fibre, Mr Oscar”.

All other emails I’ve received have been generic, with nothing specific to my order.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 47

OK thanks. I'm just having trouble finding the order, have you been given any other reference number?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 47

Hey Chris, sorry if this is a double reply - I can’t see my previous reply, or perhaps I didn’t hit send.

But yes, I can confirm that I’ve just moved into this address and I’ve not had any previous TalkTalk service here.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 47

Just to confirm, the address that you've entered is the house that you've just moved into and you haven't previously had a different TalkTalk service at this address?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 47

Added that too, cheers for looking into this Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 47

Thanks, could you also add the first line of your address and post code, I'm having trouble finding the order

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 47

Heya, I’ve added that to my notes 🙂

0 Likes