cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New full fibre installation - no internet

ODPaterson
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 47

I’ve had an engineer appointment to install the fibre connection at the house I’ve just moved into and it hasn’t worked, with the eero app simply saying the internet can’t be reached with a failure on WAN IP. The installation happened yesterday and I’ve been using my phone data for work in the meantime but that’s running out and entirely unstable for calls so I’m at a real risk of losing earnings in the immediate future.

I’ve gone through the 80 minute process of line testing and diagnostics over the phone, with the operator assuring me I would be ‘auto compensated’ and would be given £10 free BT wifi credit. This has not happened and I have had no emails after the call. The conclusion he arrived at was that a new eero 6 router would solve the problem, however having just tried my old router - it seems something else is the cause. 

It’s also worth mentioning that having logged into my account to check my services there is zero mention of Fibre 150 anywhere, just my previous cancelled service. Have TalkTalk simply forgotten to actually start my service? 

This is getting kind of urgent now: I have a huge deadline for client work on Friday, very little data left on my phone and the risk that as a result I’m going to be deeply out of pocket as a result of this bungled installation. A cursory glance across the forum suggests this has happened to a lot of other people and I’m tempted to cut my losses and move to another provider.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 41 of 47

OK thanks. Have you been given an order number or FTTP number? If you have could you please add it to the private notes section of your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 47

Hi Chris, I believe it was Openreach.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 47

Hi ODPaterson,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could I just ask was your new service installed by Openreach or City FIbre?

Chris

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 47

That's fine, let's wait for the support team to pick this up now. 

Message 45 of 47

Hi there, thanks for replying 🙂

I have just tried plugging in directly, to no avail. 

I’ve also added my details to my account. I put my account number under ‘private note’ as I couldn’t see a specific field for it, hope that’s okay.

cheers!

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 47

Do you have a device such as a laptop that you can try connecting to the LAN port on the ONT directly to see if you have a service that way? Subject to that, please make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.